QED’s full-time Knowledge Capacity Lead will provide guidance, management, and oversight in knowledge generation and capture, learning events (in-person and online), training, and organizational development services for clients in the U.S. and throughout the world. The position will be dedicated to USAID’s Feed the Future Knowledge, Data, Learning, and Training (KDLT) project. The project’s objective is to improve the USAID Bureau for Food Security (in transition to the Bureau for Resilience and Food Security, or RFS) capacity for and quality of knowledge-sharing, data management and analysis, organizational learning, and training in support of adaptive management of Feed the Future in alignment with the Global Food Security Strategy (GFSS). Activities through KDLT will provide RFS, Feed the Future Missions, interagency partners, and implementing partners with concrete support and tools to capture, share, and access knowledge that helps to improve the effectiveness of Feed the Future programs, leading to strengthen resilience, improved nutrition and reduced poverty in Feed the Future target countries.
The Knowledge Capacity Lead for KDLT will work closely with other project result leads to ensure optimal integration across the learning spectrum. This position will report to the Senior KM/OL Advisor and directly supervise key staff engaged in KM, events, and training as well as engage with USAID subject matter and KM experts in such areas as international agriculture, nutrition, climate adaptation, resilience, water security, sanitation and hygiene, and others.
- Serve as the key point of contact for implementing KDLT KM and learning activities, support as lead as requested scoping of new activity requests under the direction of the Sr KM/OL Advisor and ensure appropriate KDLT staff are engaged to execute.
- Manage knowledge generation, capture, and sharing opportunities (such as events and product development) in a growing range of technical areas.
- Work with the Digital Communications and Web team to configure website functionalities based on content requirements and support the creation and update of new content and online activities as it relates to learning event related activities.
- Support the Chief of Party, Advisors, and KDLT staff to ensure requirements and good practices for products, events, trainings, and other KM and learning activities are clear and documented.
- Oversee the KM Events specialist and as required other members of the Knowledge Capacity team to identify more creative, efficient, and effective ways to engage audiences and facilitate sharing and collaboration.
- Ensure all deadlines are met, including deliverables and reporting requirements.
- Support the implementation of the KDLT and RFS learning strategies.
- Work with the KDLT Advisors, other Result Leads, and USAID partners as relevant to continuously identify needs and analyze results to develop new learning programs or modify and improve the effectiveness of existing programs.
- Support the Sr KM/OL Advisor and OD Advisor as requested to plan and implement retreats, team-building programs, and strategic planning initiatives.
- Directly manage the KDLT Result Area focused on Knowledge Sharing and Learning Events and as such coordinate with other Result Area leads to ensure successful activity delivery.
- Directly supervise relevant KM event staff.
- Embrace KDLT core values of collaboration, quality, mutual respect, and results in all work and engagement.
Education – Bachelor’s degree required, masters preferred and/or equivalent education/work experience in a related field (i.e., international development, agriculture, knowledge management, public policy)
Experience – A minimum of seven years relevant (and ideally progressively responsible) work experience in the area of program and/or knowledge management with a focus on event management and interest/experience with web 2.0 and user centered design (Drupal experience a plus)
Key Skills -
- Highly experienced in project management, team planning, and organization, to include workplan development and team tasking, resource management, and guidance.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to offer ideas for knowledge management products, services, and approaches.
- Experience working on international development issues with working knowledge of and interest in food security strongly preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational and process management and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated comfort, confidence, and effectiveness providing KM and learning services for diverse client groups in a broad variety of settings in the US and internationally, as well as virtually.
- Ability to listen, absorb, and synthesize, orally and in writing, the key themes from data gathered in interviews, background documents, and group discussions.
- Flexibility to craft a customized approach that is entirely focused on the clients’ needs.
- Ability to design and facilitate state of the art learning programs and provide this expertise to the client and others on the KDLT team.
- Interest and ability in building lasting relationships with clients and colleagues – a natural connector.
- Genuine and demonstrated curiosity about effective approaches to the individual, team and organizational development and learning and how they can contribute to our clients’ success.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Interest and experience in applying technology for knowledge management and learning
- Life and/or work experience in developing countries
- Familiarity working with USAID
About the Organization
The QED Group, LLC, is a full-service international consulting firm committed to solving complex global challenges through innovative solutions. We are determined to provide all our clients with best-value services so they increase their efficiency, learning capacity, and accountability to the public in an ever more complex and interconnected world. Through Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning and Knowledge Management practice areas, QED is working to maximize our clients' return on investment through accountability, continuous learning, and sound management.