The Knowledge, Learning and Communications Specialist is a key position in the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) department of the YCST. Under the supervision and guidance of the MEL Director, s/he will implement and enhance the current system for gathering, interpreting and managing multiple forms of information and resources necessary for learning, along with managing knowledge generated and necessary for the successful implementation of the program. S/he will also work with the M&E and program team to ensure that information is shared and transformed into readily available knowledge that supports effective decision-making.
The Knowledge, Learning and Communications Specialist is expected to perform below responsibilities and any other duties as assigned by the MEL Director. These duties are representative of the nature of work and not all-inclusive.
* Play key role on accomplishing the quantitative and qualitative research to address the topics and themes identified in the Learning Agenda.
* Contribute to Identifying key accomplishments, learning opportunities, and findings to highlight through communications channels and products to increase the accessibility and utilization of project information.
* Organize and support learning workshops and events based on findings and lessons learned for stakeholders, in order to facilitate collaborative learning.
* Build capacity of the program staff to integrate learning into their work through face to face and training on methods such as: After Action Reviews, Peer Assists, feedback loops, World Café, etc.
* Contribute to knowledge and learning products including research publications, learning briefs, fact sheets, success stories, and case studies.
* Coordinate learning and adaptation workshops that will inform program design, throughout the life of the program.
* Support the Communication and Reporting Officer in compiling and preparing high-quality monthly reports, quarterly and annual reports, highlighting project progress towards performance targets, contextual updates and lessons learned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Strong writing and analytical skills with a proven track record in research and analysis, including managing data collection process (in a challenging conflict environment strongly preferred).
* Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required. Proficiency in Arabic is preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to manage production of quality reports within tight timeframes.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, team player with positive attitude and ability to work in a multicultural setting.
* Bachelor’s degree with 2 - 5 years of experience or Master’s degree (preferred) with 0 - 2 years of experience in economics, statistics, social sciences, international development, sociology, or related field required.
* Relevant experience in knowledge management, communications, M&E, organizational learning and/or strategic learning in an international development context (USAID programs preferred).
* Demonstrated experience in using a mix of informational sources and research methods to systematically analyze project progress, communicate findings to a range of external and internal stakeholders, and respond to learning questions.
To apply for this position, please use the following URL: