Banyan Global is a woman-owned small business and international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in several developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: gender, youth, finance and investment, enterprise development, health, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global www.banyanglobal.com, wishes to hire a Knowledge Management and Communications Associate for the Workforce Development project in Honduras. The project has a duration of 5 years (2016-2021) and is part of USAID´s portfolio of projects. Its objective is to increase citizen security for vulnerable populations in urban areas with high crime in Honduras, supporting the development of human resources to increase income-generating opportunities for youth between 16 and 30 years who are at- risk. The project strengthens comprehensive labor services, including life skills, job placement and self-employment, with a focus on gender.
The Workforce Development Activity is expected to achieve the following three results:
Result 1: Access to high quality, comprehensive workforce development services for at-risk youth increased, with an emphasis on youth who qualify for secondary prevention services. Train 7,500 youth at risk and insert 3,750 in jobs.
Result 2: INFOP’s institutional capacity to deliver market-driven, high quality services improved.
Result 3: Access to workforce-related services, including income-generating activities, increased for youth that have conflicted with law, including former gang members. Train 400 youth no longer participating in illegal activities and insert 160 in jobs or self-employment.
Banyan Global seeks a Communication and Knowledge Management Associate for its USAID-funded Workforce Development project in Honduras, targeting at-risk youth to design and implement together with the communications team all external and internal communications, outreach, and knowledge management strategies for the program.
2. LEVEL OF EFFORT: Full time position (while the project is active)
- SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Excellent writing skills and self-starter with the ability to source and craft relevant stories. Assist development of technical publications, reports, learning briefs, updates, newsletters, presentations, videos, posters, and social media content as needed.
- Promote information and knowledge sharing, collaboration, and learning to support decision-making and continuous improvement in line with the USAID collaborate, learn and adapt (CLA) standards.
- Work together with the communications team in the training and strategic communications activities, including developing and disseminating communications materials and assisting with outreach to program stakeholders and the planning of program workshops, forums, and other events.
- Work together with the staff to ensure that program communication strategy is effectively implemented.
- Develop and maintain a knowledge management system for collecting and tracking Workforce information from internal and external sources.
- Ensure that content of project deliverables is consistent with client and company branding, culture, and goals.
- Provide editing support to project teams including drafting, translating, and copyediting quarterly and annual reports, other contractual deliverables, success stories, technical reports, infographics, and presentations.
- Work collaboratively with departments across the organization to increase project visibility by supporting their efforts to lead technical discussions through on online platforms, digital media, and webinars.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor´s degree in Communication, Knowledge Management, Marketing or relevant field desirable. Master’s degree, preferred.
- 5 to 10 years of relevant work experience in knowledge management, technical writing and strategic communications, and/or organizational development.
- Advanced writing and oral communication skills in professional English and Spanish.
- Knowledge of USAID’s communication protocols and branding marking.
- Successful client management experience.
- Very strong storytelling, writing, and editing skills that support knowledge sharing and change management
- A strong process manager that produces quality products as scheduled
- Proven experience working well in a small team environment to support a campaign, initiative, program, or project
- Experience with event planning using adult learning principles in designing and delivering facilitated events
4. REPORTING: Reports directly to the Communications Specialist
5. BASE OF OPERATIONS: Tegucigalpa, Honduras with domestic travel required.
6. HOW TO APPLY
Salary commensurate with background and experience. Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. All interested please send the CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the name of the vacancy position in the subject line. We will contact only the qualified candidates. Please no phone calls.