Position Overview: IBI is an international economic development consulting firm based in the United States that specializes in economic growth, public financial management, governance, and human and institutional performance improvement. Established in 1996, IBI has successfully implemented some 40 projects in over 70 countries. To learn more please visit our web site at www.ibi-usa.com.
IBI is currently looking for a Knowledge Management Coordinator for an upcoming USAID-funded program entitled USAID/Advancing Women’s Empowerment Framework ADVANCING WOMEN’S EMPOWERMENT PROGRAM). The program aims to expand ongoing Feed the Future agricultural programming to engage more women and improve women’s returns to agriculture. Also, it will use innovations like the Gender Integration Framework (GIF) and Women’s Empowerment in Agriculture Index (WEAI) to advise and implement activities geared towards women’s empowerment.
Scope of Work:
Component 1. Design and Learning Services: organize and apply relevant gendered evidence to design and work planning processes, including PAD/project-level and activity-level designs, and extending into regular work planning. Support may include providing direct short-term technical assistance (in-person and/or virtual), designing processes and/or tools for information management, building staff capacity, or other means.
Component 2. Implement Support Services: implementation of new interventions within existing agricultural activities to promote women’s participation, benefit, and empowerment as well as the scale-up of interventions with demonstrated success in improving women’s empowerment in agriculture.
Component 3. Good Practices Discovery: AWE aims to develop technical recommendations for particularly persistent and complex challenges to women’s empowerment in agriculture and food systems. The Offeror will work with Bureau of Food Security (BFS), implementing partners, and missions to evaluate programmatic approaches and innovations. Work under Component 3 is expected to involve a combination of critical literature review, applied field research, mixed qualitative and quantitative research methodologies, process evaluation, and outcome and impact assessments. Offerors will be expected to develop products for Feed the Future stakeholders.
Employment Location: Arlington, VA
Period of Performance: 4 years
- The Knowledge Management Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring the implementation of the knowledge management plan, with an emphasis on internal learning and its application.
- S/he will work with AWE personnel, short-term personnel, and stakeholders to manage the realization of that plan throughout the life of the project.
- The Knowledge Management Coordinator will also take the lead in managing project communications and deliverables and utilizing existing on-line gateways to disseminate knowledge generated through Call Order deliverables.
- The Knowledge Management Officer will work with USAID to define audiences and how best to reach them.
- A Bachelor’s degree plus 6 or more years of experience in knowledge management, facilitation, communications and/or training are required.
- Or A Master’s degree and experience establishing, strengthening, managing and/or facilitating communities of practice or learning networks are preferred.
To Apply: Please go to http://www.ibi-usa.com/job-opportunities and upload your resume. IBI appreciates all applications, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
IBI is an equal opportunity employer.