Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, is now accepting applications for a summer Intern, who will work with the Knowledge Management Advisory Group (KMAG). The KMAG has representatives from various departments across the company who are spearheading knowledge management initiatives at the firm.
This internship is an exciting opportunity for a student or entry-level professional interested in working in the international development sphere, and it introduces them to Tetra Tech’s international development work and systems.
Who are we?
Tetra Tech’s International Development Services (IDS) unit provides scientific, sustainable, and industry-leading solutions to tackle the world’s most complex challenges. Service areas include: agriculture and economic growth (AEG), environment and natural resources (ENR), democracy and governance (DG), land tenure and property rights (LTPR), and water resources and infrastructure (WRI). Tetra Tech creates practical, environmentally responsible solutions for federal agencies, governments, multilateral banks, and multilateral corporations worldwide.
What is the KMAG?
The Knowledge Management Advisory Group (KMAG) was initiated in June 2019 and has representatives from various departments across the company. The KMAG’s objective is to facilitate sharing of and access to technical knowledge across all sectors and units. KMAG is seeking to engage an intern to support the population of a Knowledge Portal, which will enable access to technical materials by improving their searchability through a standardized curation process.
This position will be based in Burlington, Vermont or Arlington, Virginia. The internship will be full-time and last approximately 12 weeks. Targeted start date is May 18th, 2020.
The internship will include but not be limited to activities noted below:
* Work with KMAG sector representatives to identify and select resources that meet the selection criteria for the Knowledge Portal.
* Classify and tag selected documents according to a common taxonomy.
* Support development and delivery of training on Knowledge Portal curation.
* Support thematic technical working groups through implementation of cross-sectoral learning activities.
* Attend KMAG’s regular meetings and workshops, and report progress to KMAG Coordinator.
* Perform other relevant duties as identified by KMAG Coordinator and sector representatives.
What we’re looking for in you:
* Recently completed or pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree related field to one of the firm’s practice areas
* Demonstrated interest in knowledge and information management
* International experience preferred
* Foreign language skills preferred (French, Spanish)
* Demonstrated experience with SharePoint Online preferred
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.