Under the leadership of the Program Manager, the Knowledge Management Specialist will provide strategic management of SPARC’s Knowledge Management and Learning programmatic pillar to ensure the work plan is coherently implemented and SPARC achieves its mission of becoming the “go-to” resource center for strategic purchasing in sub-Saharan Africa. The Knowledge Management Specialist will use traditional and digital learning approaches to develop and implement innovative, creative, and effective ways to capture and share the coaching and mentoring approach and technical knowledge in the area of strategic purchasing for UHC, and compile and leverage good practices to improve the effectiveness of strategic health purchasing in sub-Saharan Africa. S/he will be responsible for a wide variety of activities related to identifying, managing, packaging, and disseminating key information to advance the technical practice and provide practitioners with the tools needed to advance strategic purchasing within their health systems. Specifically, the
Knowledge Management Specialist will lead and support learning events, the SPARC technical consortium and learning community, develop mechanisms for creating and sharing knowledge, produce resources and guidance, and facilitate ongoing content development and engagement of a learning community. Principal responsibilities are described in the section below. This position is open to international fill and relocation is available.
Strategy, Planning & Implementation
· Lead the development of knowledge management strategy, associated implementation plan and data sharing policy.
· Create a systematic approach for guiding ongoing country engagement, scoping analyses needed to address observed gaps and for identifying opportunities for innovation in strategic purchasing.
· Create mechanisms for capturing and documenting key successful interventions of SPARC and the global community that support strategic purchasing and work with the communications team to package them into knowledge products.
· Manage knowledge sharing events including seminars/webinars, workshops, conferences, and peer learning sessions.
· Develop comprehensive map of strategic purchasing information sources, and define systems and processes for collecting, managing, and sharing data and information with stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
· Contribute to capacity building and support for internal knowledge acquisition, management and sharing – ensuring that relevant communities of practice are developed and strengthened with learning opportunities to ensure a pipeline of professional expertise and advice on all aspects of strategic purchasing.
· In conjunction with M&E team, assist in tracking indicators for KM deliverables
· Manage user website by responding to users’ needs in a timely manner and engaging them in meaningful knowledge exchange
· Identify and share creative, efficient and effective ways to engage audiences to facilitate joint learning and collaboration.
· Develop and maintain relations with knowledge centers, primary user groups and stakeholders.
· Ensure SPARC has an up-to-date easy-to-access database of lessons learned and best practices and success stories in strategic purchasing, country engagement and coaching and mentoring.
· Identify and curate technical website content, ensuring content is fresh and updated and managing content strategies that ensure that the right knowledge is getting to the right people at the right time in the right way.
· Establish and maintain partnerships with government teams, relevant institutions and program partners.
· In collaboration with SPARC stakeholders design and implement effective learning activities that capture and share knowledge.
· Engage partners and learning champions to expand online/in-person learning activities including engaging the growing user base on SPARC website, collaborating with external partners, and contributing content
· Work collaboratively with communications, web development, and training, to ensure alignment, integration and cohesion.
· Support in liaison with donors to identify potential areas of donor support for SPARC activities and to create partnerships that foster effective use of skills and resources.
SPARC is a small team with an ambitious work plan and works in a fast-paced, results-driven environment. The ideal candidate is highly-motivated, a fast learner, resourceful, flexible, independent, energetic, with excellent communications skills, cultural sensitivity and experience working with senior leaders.
Advanced degree in public health, communication, management information systems, knowledge management, organizational learning, education, or a related discipline.
At least 5 years of knowledge management, organizational/project learning.
· Demonstrated interest in and capacity to deliver knowledge management and/or organizational learning programs.
· Demonstrated understanding of knowledge management principles and capacity to deliver knowledge management and/or organizational learning activities.
· Demonstrated proficiency in establishment and nurturing of Communities of Practice and learning networks including promotion of engagement, collaboration and knowledge exchange in the communities.
· Excellent facilitation, program/activity management, and written and oral communication skills.
· Demonstrated interest and experience in health systems strengthening.
· Creative and innovative problem-solving and ability to work with humility, under tight deadlines and achieve results
· Strong interpersonal skills and experience working with cross cultural and geographical teams.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office products at expert level.
· Willingness to travel within the region and across the African continent.
· Proficiency in using, setting-up and management of digital learning tools.
· Fluency in speaking, reading and writing in English. Knowledge of French would be an advantage.
How to apply
Interested? Please visit our website https://bit.ly/3ec5fJe to make your application. You will be directed to our online portal where you will need to create an account successfully in order for you to be able to submit your application. Your application should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience. The cover letter and CV should be in a single file that is not longer than a total of five (5) pages. Please note that you will receive an email confirmation for creation of account and an acknowledgment email upon submitting your application. Deadline for submission: open till filled. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and have not retained any agent in connection with recruitment.
Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy