Knowledge Management Specialist - Faith & External Engagement
World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
*Position location to be determined by home country of successful candidate within a jurisdiction (country or U.S. State) where WVI is registered to operate.
As Knowledge Management Specialist - Faith & External Engagement, you will seek to build credible knowledge base for dissemination (internally and externally) of World Vision’s integration of its Christian faith and calling in; lead by the Faith and Development Guiding Frame.
- Our collaboration and advocacy for broader impact to create greater scale and more sustained impact than we could on our own” (ref. strategic imperative #3) and
- Living out our Christian faith and calling with boldness and humility” (ref. strategic imperative #5)
You will serve the whole senior Faith and Development team to:
- Position World Vision as a thought leader from our faith perspective by coordinating the knowledge management of WV’s integration of faith and calling in all aspects of WV’s work to live out our Christian identity, promote CWB and achieve the SDGs.
- Leverage World Vision faith identity and programming assets by identifying, analyzing and communicating World Vision’s programming strengths to the broader humanitarian sectors learning and best practice in the integration of faith, and collaboration with the church and different faith actors in HEA, development and advocacy.
- Support WV leadership in prioritized faith and secular relationships and engagement opportunities towards greater influence and collaboration.
- Support critical functions of the Faith - Advocacy and External Engagement team to be a source of guidance and support to those who seek new and inspirational ways to enhance the positive impact of faith, and collaboration with the church and different faith actors in relief, development, advocacy and fundraising
- Tertiary qualification (university degree preferred) in social science, theology, public health, or other related fields preferred.
- Deep understanding of the diversity within churches and other faith communities, the faith inspired NGO landscape and how that intersects with the faith and development arena, major players and joint work towards the Sustainable Development Goals.
- 3-5 years’ experience within the development/humanitarian industry
- 3-5 years’ experience in knowledge management and data-management
- 3-5 working experience in working with churches and other-faith organizations/networks in humanitarian/development work
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English
- Fluency in Spanish or French a plus; other languages helpful also.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 26 May 2017. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.