Summary of Job
The Knowledge Management (KM) Technical Advisor is a catalyst for advancing effective and efficient sharing of technical approaches, results, and resources across IntraHealth International’s offices and projects. This is a great opportunity for a KM expert passionate about the challenge of working with diverse staff across numerous countries to strengthen cross-organizational exchange and use of knowledge. Based in IntraHealth’s Center for Technical Excellence, the Advisor will help shape and monitor KM strategy, manage day-to-day KM activities, and lead and champion KM protocols and processes. The Technical Advisor will represent IntraHealth in external knowledge management forums and contribute ideas and technical content to new business initiatives related to KM. The position is located in IntraHealth’s office in Chapel Hill, NC—ranked as one of the best metro areas to live in the US and as “America’s Foodiest Small Town.”
Relocation available for this position.
- Designs, initiates, and manages day-to-day activities and initiatives of organizational knowledge management (KM) strategy
- Coordinates with the IT Department (SharePoint Technical Advisor) to ensure alignment of internal information systems and platforms with KM needs and implementation
- Leads, champions, and monitors organizational KM protocols and processes (e.g., for cross-organizational sharing of technical resources and information)
- Conducts KM on-boarding for new staff
- Develops, tracks, and reports on KM-related indicators/metrics
- Provides technical assistance to support project, country, and regional office-led needs, strategy development, and initiatives related to KM and USAID’s Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting approach
- Contributes KM expertise and technical content to Business Development needs and proposals
- Represents IntraHealth and contributes KM expertise and experiences to relevant working groups and listservs (e.g., GHKC, Hipnet, KM4Dev)
- Coordinates, facilitates, and/or supports KM-related meetings and events (e.g., speaker series, webinars, “fairs,” regional- or country office-led external knowledge sharing activities)
- Identifies and explores KM-related new business opportunities and avenues to advance IntraHealth’s visibility in KM
- Master’s degree in Knowledge Management, Library and Information Science, or a related degree and at least 6 years of experience in knowledge management in global health or the development field and working in an international project-based environment; or a Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study and at least 10 years of relevant work experience.
- State-of-the-art knowledge of the principles, practices, and tools of knowledge management.
- Experience conceptualizing, designing, implementing, and monitoring knowledge management activities and initiatives, including those that involve multiple offices/countries.
- Experience leading inter-departmental and cross-organizational knowledge management initiatives.
- Familiarity with USAID’s Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting practices.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; experience with Microsoft SharePoint preferred.
- Fluency or working proficiency in French a plus.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Minimum noise levels in an office environment
- Ability to travel locally and internationally occasionally, less than 10% of the time
- Position is based in an office, requiring sitting at a desk most of the day
- Requires lifting of 0-10 lbs. occasionally or as needed
- This position must be based in our headquarters location in Chapel Hill, NC
All applications should have a Curriculum Vitae, CV, and cover letter attached. Feel free to attach a writing sample to your application.
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers, so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1
About the Organization
Why Choose IntraHealth?
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work.
Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective.
Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.