Land Tenure and Governance Specialist,
Millenium Challenge Corporation Burkina Faso Evaluation, Remote Location
MSI is recruiting a Land Tenure and Governance Specialist for the Millenium Challenge Corporation impact evaluation of the Burkina Faso Rural Land Governance (RLG) project. The purpose of this evaluation is to measure the impact of the RLG interventions on perceptions of land tenure security, frequency and types of land conflicts, investment decisions and income and any differential effects by gender as well as a review of legal and policy changes and institutional development and performance. The evaluation scope of work corresponds to the analysis of baseline data and the upcoming endline phase of a mixed-methods quasi-experimental evaluation. Baseline analysis will commence once the contract is awarded and endline data collection is expected to take place in early 2021. Travel requirements are not yet finalized but are a possibility.
The Land Tenure and Governance Specialist will support in the review and analysis of the baseline data, conducting an evaluability assessment for the endline, and conducting the endline phase. The key role of the Specialist is to ensure that sector considerations are adequately integrated in the data collection, analysis and reporting of the evaluation deliverables.
· Contribute to review and analysis considerations for baseline data and draft sections of baseline report
· Participate in dissemination efforts for the baseline findings
· Contribute to the desk research and provide inputs for the evaluability assessment of the endline with a particular focus on considerations for remote data collection
· Contribute to the drafting and finalization of the endline design report including: evaluation framework, data collection instruments, data collection and analysis plans, work plans, and other relevant sections; Focus will be given to geospatial analysis and gender considerations
· Provide technical support during endline data collection and analysis which may include a desk study, conducting key informant interviews, and drafting sections of the endline report
· Provide written input on dissemination materials, such as evaluation briefs and presentation materials
· Participate in dissemination efforts for the endline findings
· Ensure all evaluation processes and products meet the requirements and quality standards of MSI and MCC
· Master’s degree or higher required
· At least five years of experience in relevant field (land management/administration, natural resource management, environmental management, etc.) of related experience required
· Experience designing, implementing, or evaluating land tenure and governance or land management programs in developing countries required
· Experience with land information systems required
· Experience working in Burkina Faso or francophone West Africa preferred
· Experience working on land management and planning preferred
· Experience working on social and gender considerations in the land sector preferred
· Experience working on geospatial analytics preferred
· Fluency in French preferred
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.