The Local Health System Sustainability (LHSS) Project is a USAID-funded 5-year, $209 million global task order that works to strengthen health systems as a means to achieve universal health coverage and improve population health and well-being. Interventions will focus on reducing financial barriers, holding health services accountable for meeting all clients’ needs and making sure that the care patients receive meets minimum standards.
The Lead Project Operations Analyst (Lead POA) will support efficient project operations by problem-solving issues that arise, ensuring that they are resolved promptly, and in a compliant manner. The Lead POA will also provide support for day-to-day project operation activities and serves as a conduit between the field project staff and the corporate department/functional staff to maintain the smooth operations of the project.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinates training and resources with activity/country teams to achieve goals.
- May mentor and provide guidance to other POAs under LHS.
- Coordinates on behalf of the LHSS Sr Ops & Fin Director to initiate cross-organizational activities, department follow-up, etc.
- Coordinates responses to operational audits (vehicle audits and environment audits).
- In his absence, or when requested, be the acting Sr Ops & Finance Director
- Assists in tracking and documenting project deliverables and maintains deliverables calendar.
- Tracks and ensures on-time client deliverable requirements.
- Supports the start-up and close-out processes for projects which may involve travel to the field office, as needed.
- Reviews and processes workshops/conferences/meetings logistic arrangements with technical team and vendor.
- Coordinates the setup, monitoring, modification of subcontractor agreements and work orders when needed.
- Coordinates the setup, monitoring, modification of consultant agreements and purchase orders when needed.
- Coordinate HR process both at HQ and the site office to draft job descriptions, recruit, interview and lead salary negotiations for field-based hires.
- Obtain and monitor asset management, draft annual inventory reports.
- Coordinate with Legal team to facilitate in country registration
- Works with general services for lease initiations and termination.
- Facilitates expense reports of external training recipients.
- Facilitate the opening/closing of international bank accounts.
- Supports Expat/TCN mobilization (work permits, allowances) and advocates for needs of field-based staff.
- May mentor and provide guidance to other POAs under LHSS
- BA degree - ideally in public administration, business administration, international development or a related area
- Around 8 years professional experience working on USAID project/contract OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
- In cases of internal promotion, an exception may be made to the minimum requirements based on company needs and the proven ability of the incumbent to perform the key roles and responsibilities of this position
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment. Action oriented, customer focused, interested and willing to learn new skills on the job
- Fluency in foreign language in addition to English is preferred
- BA degree - ideally in public administration, business administration, international development or a related area, MA preferred. 8 - 12 years in a programmatic environment with areas to include contracts, field experience, and at least 3 years with USAID rules and regulations
About the Organization
Abt Associates is a global leader in research, evaluation and program implementation; driving innovation and measurable impact for more than 50 years. What sets us apart is our evidence-based and multi-disciplinary approach to solving tough challenges in health, social and environmental policy and international development.
Specific areas we work in include:
- Education and workforce development
- Climate change and the environment
- Food security and agriculture
- Housing and communities
- Survey and data collection
Abt is a mission-driven company with a staff of 2,600. Our focus is on using evidence and cutting-edge methods to improve the lives and economic well-being of people worldwide.