Proposal and Position Overview:
IBTCI is seeking a Learning Advisor for the anticipated USAID/Bangladesh Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity. The five-year contract has the objective of ensuring that all development programs funded by USAID/Bangladesh achieve their intended results through strong performance management of services in an efficient and cost-effective manner, with a focus on monitoring technical support services; evaluation of technical support services; and learning and adaptive management services. The Learning Advisor will work to guide USAID/Bangladesh’s staff and senior management team on how to realize progressive, collaboration, learning, and adapting-oriented program supervision practices through USAID’s CDCS implementation, primarily by bolstering USAID’s evaluation, development, and organizational learning practices. This position is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of the Mission’s CLA activities.
- Plan and budget for each assigned activity.
- Identify appropriate staffing levels; secure appropriately qualified staff.
- Provide relevant technical guidance.
- Identify and execute appropriate agreed upon methodology, fieldwork, research, reporting, and deliverables.
- Strengthen evaluation, analytic and assessment capacity for continuous improvement in programs and operations. Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and create organizational learning, change and advancing foreign aid effectiveness opportunities.
- Communication and presentation skills that can influence decision makers, foster organizational change strategies, with implementation occurring within a complex organizational setting.
- Ability and track record in strategic systems and holistic thinking, managing resistance to change and understanding of organizational culture, learning and change management.
- Ability to serve as an effective USAID representative with a wide array of individuals and institutions is essential.
- Strong writing skills, including an ability to prepare clear, substantive reports and briefing papers in English, in a timely manner.
- Capacity to manage activities in a multi-cultural environment and in providing consulting services in helping clients analyze problems, devise and adopt solutions.
- Must have at least ten (10) years of progressively responsible, professional-level experience in program/project development, M&E, and implementation in a developing country context.
- Experience in developing and leading knowledge management programs, facilitating communities of practice, and social networking.
- Experience with a wide range of development issues, such as program evaluation, gender constraints to development, agriculture, economic growth, environment, democracy and governance, health, nutrition, and education.
- Experience leading or overseeing the work of large teams of individuals with diverse skills and interests.
- Demonstrated success in mentoring and/or coaching staff in project development, project implementation, and M&E.
- Experience working in Bangladesh is desired.
Education: Master’s degree in organizational learning, organizational behavior, public policy or related field required.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment, but will require field travel.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: This position is based in Bangladesh and will require travel throughout the country.
No phone calls, please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies, and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.