Panagora Group, a woman-owned small business specializing in global health and international development, seeks an experienced Learning Advisor for the anticipated 5-year USAID/Bangladesh Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) Activity. The MEL Activity will provide USAID/Bangladesh with monitoring, evaluation and learning support services and build the capacity of USAID/Bangladesh staff, implementing partners and the Government of Bangladesh. MEL will serve as USAID/Bangladesh’s centralized performance management support mechanism.
The Learning Advisor will guide USAID/Bangladesh staff and senior management team on how to realize progressive, Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA)-oriented program supervision practices by bolstering USAID’s evaluation, development and organizational learning practices.
This is a long-term position based in Dhaka, Bangladesh expected to start in January 2019. The position is contingent upon award and USAID approval.
- Guide USAID/Bangladesh’s staff and senior management team on how to realize progressive, CLA-oriented program supervision practices through USAID’s CDCS implementation, primarily by bolstering USAID’s evaluation, development and organizational learning practices
- Oversee support to all aspects of the USAID/Bangladesh CLA activities including planning and budgeting for each assigned activity
- Identify appropriate staffing levels, secure appropriate qualified staff, and provide relevant technical guidance
- Lead consultations with relevant USAID/Bangladesh staff and implementing partners
- Identify and execute appropriate agreed upon methodology, field work, research, reporting and deliverables
- Master’s or higher degree in organizational learning, organizational behavior, public policy or administration, business administration, management, development administration, knowledge management, political science, international relations or related field, or other fields closely related to international development
- Minimum of ten years of progressively responsible, professional-level experience in program/project development, M&E, and implementation in a developing country context required
- Demonstrated experience in developing and leading knowledge management programs, facilitating communities of practice, and social networking
- Experience with a wide range of development issues, such as program evaluation, gender constraints to development, agriculture, economic growth, environment, democracy and governance, health, nutrition, and education
- Experience leading or overseeing the work of large teams of individuals with diverse skills and interests
- Demonstrated success in mentoring and/or coaching staff in project development, project implementation, and M&E
- Demonstrated passion for facilitating and creating organizational learning, change and advancing foreign aid effectiveness opportunities
- Demonstrated conversation and presentation skills that can influence decision makers, foster organizational change strategies, with implementation occurring within a complex organizational setting
- Demonstrated ability and track record in strategic, systems and holistic thinking, managing resistance to change and understanding of organizational culture, learning and change management
- Demonstrated the ability to serve as an effective USAID representative with a wide array of individuals and institutions is essential
- Excellent writing skills and ability to prepare clear, substantive reports and briefing papers in English, in a timely manner
- Must be a legal resident of Bangladesh. S/he may be Bangladeshi or an expatriate already living in Bangladesh with a minimum of five years’ experience living and working in developing country
- Must have familiarity with a wide range of issues, such as program evaluation, gender-constraints to development, agriculture, community development, economics and democracy and governance
Only finalists will be contacted. Panagora is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices.
About the Organization
Panagora Group is a woman-owned small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development. Our vision is to provide high-quality, high-impact social and economic development consulting, with a special focus on public-private partnerships, human and institutional capacity-building, knowledge sharing and collaborative learning, NGO/community engagement, and integrated solutions that build country capacity and independence.