The USAID Global Health Supply Chain-Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project collaborates with governments and non-governmental agencies to ensure the uninterrupted supply of health commodities in support of United States Government-funded public health initiatives in Nigeria. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health. For more information about GHSC-PSM, please see https://www.ghsupplychain.org/.
Panagora Group, a woman-owned, small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development, provides long- and short-term professional labor to support strategic engagement, advocacy, and knowledge management and communications (KMC) activities through strategic planning, implementation, and capacity building for the Nigeria country office.
The Knowledge Management and Strategic Communications State Officers will support implementation of the Learning, Knowledge Management, and Strategic Communications (LKM&SC) Strategy in assigned regions around Sokoto, Akwa Ibom, and Lagos states (comprising several additional states) in Nigeria. The Officers will report to an assigned LKM&SC Manager based in Abuja on technical matters, and the Regional Manager in the assigned location on coordination and administrative matters.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for knowledge capture, management, and sharing to support implementation of the GHSC-PSM strategic KMC plan for assigned regions.
- Work closely with state and local government officials to keep them informed of GHSC-PSM Nigeria and ensure information, lessons learned, best practices, and other knowledge flows properly.
- Coordinate with KMC focal persons and senior managers at the regions to promote and ensure internal and external communications processes, protocols, and needs are met.
- Report KMC activities and regional requests to the KMC Manager to support administrative and strategic reporting and knowledge sharing needs and priorities.
- Organize and maintain knowledge management resources such as trackers, tools, templates, visual assets (including photographs, video, icons, illustrations, and information graphics) on an approved shared platform and ensure staff know how to access and utilize these resources.
- Plan and facilitate workshops and learning activities such as brown bags and learn bites to increase stakeholders awareness and use of information to support data-driven decision making, project learning, and adaptive management.
- Participate in face-to-face meetings, conference calls, and other relationship management activities with project partners and stakeholders to facilitate knowledge capture, analysis, sharing, and learning.
- Develop innovative ways to share project learning such as creating newsletters, posters, factsheets, and briefs and hosting share fairs, marketplaces, world cafes, webinars, peer learning sessions.
- Cultivate relationships and collaborate with State and regional partner organizations in their knowledge contributions to GHSC-PSM.
- Promote and facilitate partner engagement in country-level, project-level, and global communities of practice.
- Support development of a country-level learning agenda.
- Carry out additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Knowledge Management, Public Health, International Development or related field.
- Minimum of five years of experience KMC; experience working in the supply chain, public health, and/or USAID-funded projects strongly preferred.
- Thorough understanding of KMC theory and practice; experience with and understanding of USAID’s collaborating, learning, and adapting principles and practices strongly preferred.
- Excellent command of the English language (verbal and written) with a proven ability to communicate complex information for non-experts (writing samples will be requested).
- Experience facilitating formal and informal learning events, including brown bags, learn bites, workshops, and trainings to socialize, support, and sustain knowledge management activities.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, with the proven ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle numerous projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and in teams in a multi-cultural context.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of GHSC-PSM staff, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrate good judgment, leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Excellent computer skills in software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Adobe Photoshop and/or other graphics programs, and webinar platforms (e.g., Adobe Connect, WebEx, Skype for Business).
Level of Effort and Location
Panagora is recruiting three LKM&SC State Officers. These long-term positions will be based in Akwa-Ibom, Lagos, and Sokoto states, with intermittent travel throughout the program’s target regions as needed.
About the Organization
Panagora Group is a small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development. Our vision is to provide high-quality, high-impact social and economic development consulting, with a special focus on public-private partnerships, human and institutional capacity-building, knowledge sharing and collaborative learning, NGO/community engagement, and integrated solutions that build country capacity and independence.
Please visit our website at https://panagoragroup.net/jobs/ to apply. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices.
*Note: Panagora does not offer visa sponsorship at this time.