The American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI) seeks a Legal and Judicial Education Curriculum Development Expert to support a significant initiative focusing on legal and judicial education in Egypt. Key responsibilities will include working with ABA staff, US and Egyptian judges and other subject matter experts to develop curricula on a variety of topics. Full time presence in Cairo is required.
- Under the supervision of the program director, conduct needs assessments and work with international and local lawyers, judges, and other legal subject matter experts to develop interactive teaching curricula on a variety of topics addressed in the initiative, including but not limited to: intellectual property, mediation, case management, and international conventions;
- Provide comparative approaches on legal and judicial interactive curricula development;
- Ensure quality and consistency across the various topics addressed in the project;
- Draft other materials as needed with input from international and local experts (e.g. power point presentations, small group exercises, case studies, judicial bench books and guides, etc.);
- Assist in the design of curricula and materials to be pre-tested; and
- Finalize curricula and all course materials.
- Advanced degree or training in Adult Education and at least 5 years of relevant curriculum development experience required;
- Training and experience as a lawyer or judge is an asset;
- Prior comparative international experience strongly preferred, particularly with high-level stakeholders and government officials;
- Familiarity with Egyptian law is a preference;
- Arabic required, strong written and oral English skills a must; and
- Strong diplomatic skills and a proven track record of cultural sensitivity
Due to the high volume of applications received, we are only able to follow up with candidates who are selected for interviews. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and this position may be filled prior to the close date.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to this posting.
For more information on this program please visit: https://www.americanbar.org/advocacy/rule_of_law/where_we_work/middle_east/egypt.html
About the Organization
ABA ROLI is a non-profit program that implements legal reform programs in more than 50 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 500 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.
For more information about what we do at ABA ROLI please visit: https://www.americanbar.org/advocacy/rule_of_law/about.html