Tetra Tech International Development Services seeks a Legislative Drafting Specialist to support the USAID-funded Judicial Reform in Uzbekistan Program (JRUP). This project will support the efforts of the Government of Uzbekistan to develop rule of law, reform the judiciary, and improve the legal operating environment for NGOs and civil society organizations. Activities will contribute to locally-led development and self-reliance by providing input and expertise into the legislative reform process, the development of the legal profession, and facilitate strategic planning, including defining roles and paving the way for civil society development. Counterpart organizations will include the Ministry of Justice.
The Legislative Drafting Specialist will undertake work in Tashkent, Uzbekistan in support of JRUP. The Legislative Drafting Specialist will report to the Legal Technical Expert.
The Legislative Drafting Specialist’s primary responsibilities are aimed to provide technical assistance on the process of researching and drafting legislation, legal review of proposed legislation for adherence to international standards and best practices and provide advice in comparative law. In addition, the position will entail developing capacity and resources for research centers associated with Parliament and other Government of Uzbekistan (GOU) bodies tasked with legislative drafting, review and analysis.
* Bachelor’s degree (or the equivalent) in law, social science, or a related field is required.
* At least 4 years of experience in judicial legislative drafting advising on justice sector projects.
* Demonstrated expertise in legal reform and criminal and civil law, preferably in Central Asia.
* Prior experience with USAID, INL, or other donor-funded projects preferred.
* Ability to work in an ambiguous and rapidly developing environment, must be comfortable with constant change of local partners, and multiple, competing priorities.
* Fluency speaking, reading, and writing in Russian, and high proficiency in English. Uzbek preferred.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* Reference List: at least three professional references with complete contact information
* Employee Biographical Data Sheet
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—17,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.