The purposes of the final performance evaluation are to determine whether the SEBI activity achieved its objectives (June 2012-December 2018) and gain lessons for implementation of ongoing or future programs. The evaluation will identify implementation challenges, corrective actions to project management and progress towards achieving expected results. Findings and recommendations from the evaluation will be informative for the Local Partner Development (LPD) program, a USAID/Jamaica activity that has a social enterprise component and Social Enterprise Jamaica (SEJA), which will carry on work in the social enterprise space after the SEBI activity ends. The primary aim of LPD is to build the capacity of Jamaican NGOs, social enterprises, Community Based Organizations (CBOs), other CSOs, and government entities that partner with USAID/Jamaica Office of Citizen Security. Specifically, LPD seeks to accomplish the following:
- Strengthen the capacity of targeted local entities;
- Support social enterprises (SEs) through a business incubator model;
- Improve the enabling environment for civil society organizations and social enterprises; and
- Improve collaboration between and across civil society, government, and the private sector.
The Administrative and Logistical Support member will support the administrative and logistical functions necessary to carry out the evaluation. S/he will serve as a translator as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Jamaican citizen or resident
- Fluent in English
- Experienced in administrative support and office functions
- Proactively resolve issues that arise regarding the logistics of meetings, teleconference meetings, travel, and documentation
- Very experienced with Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat software packages. USAID uses Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat, and the final deliverables will be submitted in these formats
Qualified candidates must submit their resume to HRrecruit@engl.com. Only selected candidates will be called for an interview. ME&A Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment based on race, age, color, religion, sex and sexual preference, national origin, individual with disabilities, veteran status. ME&A is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants.
About the Organization
ME&A is a qualified small business, dedicated to providing creative solutions for economic development and social development throughout the world. Our Core Areas of Concentration include Monitoring & Evaluations, Economic and Community Development, Public Administration and Governance, and Business Development and Technology Transfer.
ME&A’s staff of professionals are dedicated to pursuing excellence in the principles, practices and processes of their professions. We are a client-oriented organization committed to upholding the highest of professional standards and being a responsible corporate citizen.
We believe in creative teaming with other partners, maintaining strong professionalism and ethics in meeting our objectives, and utilizing our multicultural skills to better understand and communicate with our clients. ME&A pursues and embraces our client’s organizational and programmatic goals. We work as a team, whereever appropriate, to bring collective knowledge to bear in creating developmental solutions.
ME&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer.