Global Communities is seeking an experienced Local Governance Team Lead for the anticipated USAID Democratic Governance East Activity (UDGE). This is a five year project with a projected budget of $ 57-60M. The purpose of the program is to improve the overall economic resilience of eastern Ukraine. Resilience is “the ability of people, households, communities, countries, and systems to mitigate, adapt to, and recover from shocks and stresses in a manner that reduces chronic vulnerability and facilitates inclusive growth.”
The program will be managed from and focused on the Donbas region, with most activities taking place in Donetsk and Luhansk Oblasts, as well as potentially in other southern and eastern Oblasts.
The Local Governance Team Lead will oversee technical implementation of all program activities related to local governance strengthening in the anticipated Democratic Governance East (UDGE) program.
The Local Governance Team Lead will supervise a team of managers and program coordinators, to implement technical assistance activities with local, municipal, and regional governments, including institutional strengthening activities, service delivery improvement strategies, and citizen outreach and engagement.
* Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; advanced degree preferred.
* Technical experience in regional or local government, service delivery, public administration, international assistance programs on these issues, or other relevant areas.
* International project implementation experience preferred.
* Team management experience required.
* Strong English language skills.
* Fluent Ukrainian and Russian.
Local citizens are strongly encouraged to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
About the Organization
Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.