DevTech is implementing the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funded Economic Growth Support Activity (EGSA). EGSA supports the government of Indonesia and other stakeholders with (i) evidence-based decision making; (ii) technical assistance to improve GOI capacity in public financial management and related governance; and (iii) capacity building to improve the business enabling environment for foreign and domestic enterprises.
EGSA is seeking a local MSME experts to support the Ministry of Cooperatives and SMEs by providing technical assistance for the Center of Integrated Business Service for MSMEs (PLUT – UMKM) in East Java. The consultant will coordinate the technical assistance arrangement and implementation with stakeholders, such as Department of Cooperatives and SMEs (Dinas Koperasi), PLUT, and business associations, among others. The Local MSME Expert will operate under the coordination of the Team Leader for MSME Empowerment Activity and support technical experts to conduct the following: i) capacity enhancement for PLUT facilitators on access to finance and digital marketing; ii) joint workshop with relevant technical agencies to promote MSME business registration and licensing; iii) facilitation of linkages between MSMEs and larger enterprises; iv) public-private alliance for rapid engagement of SMEs into digital economy; v) development of a handbook to guide MSMEs in exploring financing options from non-bank financial institutions; and v) demonstration of opportunities for MSME innovation and services through a workshop and/or exhibition.
· Updated knowledge of MSME development, private sector development, business incubation in East Java
· Prior experience in working on MSME development program in East Java
The Consultant shall carry out the following tasks:
- Participate in planning and coordination meetings with EGSA, Ministry of Cooperatives and SME, Department of Cooperative and SME (Dinas Koperasi), and other stakeholders
- Support the Team Leader and technical experts to coordinate with stakeholders on activity arrangement and scheduling
- Working closely with technical experts and Team Leader to support the preparation and implementation activities in East Java
· Prepare a monthly progress report outlining activities conducted during the period and link to deliverables in the contract, meetings, output produced, and follow up plan for internal reporting purpose.
Qualification and Experience
· University degree in business, management or other relevant subjects
· Minimum 3 years of experience working on MSME development and capacity building program in East Java
· Experienced in working with government institutions relevant to MSME development in East Java is preferred
· Excellent communication and organizational skills
· Ability to travel within East Java
· Ability to work independently, with flexibility and deliver results under time pressure.
· Previous experience working on donor-funded activities on MSME development is preferred
Tasks and expected Level of Efforts (LOE) detailed in DevTech website job posting.
About the Organization
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.