Position Title: Logistician
Position Type: Short Term Technical Position
Position Location: Mali
The USAID/Mali Agriculture and Economic Growth (AEG) Office flagship activities Cereal Value Chain (CVC) and Livestock for Growth (L4G) were launched in, 2013 and 2014 respectively, in support of the Government of Mali’s National Agricultural Investment Plans (NAIP) for 2011-2015 and 2015-2025 and Mali’s Feed the Future Strategy for 2010-2015, approved in April 2011. The purpose of the CVC and L4G final performance evaluations (PEs) is to generate a set of lessons learned from activity implementation; including the sustainability of the models developed, - to inform the co-design process and adaptive management for a new set of activities in the cereal and livestock sectors. The primary audience for the evaluations is the USAID/Mali AEG Office. Secondary audiences include the USAID Bureau for Food Security (BFS) in Washington, DC, the Government of Mali, and other development partners.
This position will be under Feed the Future’s Global Program Evaluation for Effectiveness and Learning (PEEL), a BFS mechanism that allows USAID field Missions and Bureaus to access independent, high-quality evaluation services. The mechanism is implemented by ME&A.
The Logistician will provide administrative and programmatic support to both the CVC and L4G evaluations locally in Mali, under the direction of the Team Leader (TL). The logistician will work with both evaluation teams to schedule and plan KIIs and FGD’s in Bamako and other areas of Mali, including Timbuktu and Mopti. This role will include pre-fieldwork scheduling and logistics for up to five weeks of fieldwork on two concurrent evaluations and limited financial oversight. This role will be supported be directly supervised by the TL, with support from the PEEL team in D.C.
Specifically, the logistician will:
- Arrange and finalize all logistical requirements of the team’s in-country visits and travel including lodging, road transportation, domestic flights, communications (phone and internet), printing services, refreshments and meetings venues, including workshop rooms for team brainstorming sessions, and Focus Groups as needed.
- Conduct consultations with local providers to arrange logistical details.
- Request quotes and/or reservations from local lodging and transportation, and other vendors.
- Provide constant communication with project stakeholders for scheduling purposes.
- Create scheduling lists, reports and emails per the recommendation of the Team Lead.
- Track logistic payments and submit financial reimbursements to PEEL Team.
- Purchase equipment and supplies in country as needed for evaluation teams and coordinate receipts and reimbursements with PEEL.
- Update PEEL on logistics during fieldwork weekly or on an as needed basis
- Meet with ET’s as appropriate, when decided by the TL in person or virtually.
- Preferably a local from Mali.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Hospitality or related fields.
- At least 2 years of experience with scheduling, travel arrangements, event planning, budgeting and office management.
- Experience working in Bamako, Mopti, and Timbuktu
- Organized and independent worker
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Calendar, Word and Excel or online versions
- Proficiency in English and French
All applications and CVs must be submitted in English.
Only selected candidates will be called for an interview. ME&A Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment based on race, age, color, religion, sex and sexual preference, national origin, individual with disabilities, veteran status. ME&A is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants.
About the Organization
ME&A is a qualified small business, dedicated to providing creative solutions for economic development and social development throughout the world. Our Core Areas of Concentration include Monitoring & Evaluations, Economic and Community Development, Public Administration and Governance, and Business Development and Technology Transfer.
ME&A’s staff of professionals are dedicated to pursuing excellence in the principles, practices and processes of their professions. We are a client-oriented organization committed to upholding the highest of professional standards and being a responsible corporate citizen.
We believe in creative teaming with other partners, maintaining strong professionalism and ethics in meeting our objectives, and utilizing our multicultural skills to better understand and communicate with our clients. ME&A pursues and embraces our client’s organizational and programmatic goals. We work as a team, whereever appropriate, to bring collective knowledge to bear in creating developmental solutions.
ME&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer.