POSITION TITLE: M&E Director
GROUP: Agriculture & Volunteer Programs
Winrock International works with people around the world to increase economic opportunity, sustain natural resources, and protect the environment. Winrock matches innovative approaches in agriculture, natural resources management, clean energy, and leadership development with the unique needs of its partners.
Winrock is seeking M&E Director for long-term assignment for a USAID funded project that will support agriculture extension & advisory services in Nigeria. The project will increase smallholder farmers’ productivity, incomes, and household nutrition status in seven Feed the Future (FTF) focus states across four geographic zones in Nigeria (Kebbi, Niger, Kaduna, Benue, Ebonyi, Cross-River, and Delta) through strengthening sustainable agricultural extension and advisory services. The project will particularly focus on aquaculture, cowpea, maize, rice, and soybean value chains.
- Provide technical leadership for M&E to the project team to ensure USAID and Feed the Future M&E requirements are met on timely basis and guides data collection, management of the data, and display of the results. This includes data analysis, reporting, and dissemination, and ensuring compliance.
- Develop efficient and accurate data collection system that includes efficient processes for collecting data and ensuring data quality.
- Provide general oversight of the M&E database, using it to track progress and trends, generate reports per USAID requirements, and conduct data quality checks.
- Design the project’s Learning Agenda including surveys, case studies, and other tools to evaluate project impact, trends, and other learnings. Provide comprehensive analysis of learning outcomes to inform project interventions.
- Strengthen M&E capacities across the project team, including but not limited to developing training curriculum and overseeing training activities related to data collection and reporting for field and partner staff
- Develop decision-support tools and performance feedback mechanisms for project managers, partners, and beneficiaries
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQURIEMENTS:
Education: Master’s degree that includes substantial coursework in statistics and other analytical methods, including but not limited to sociology, economics, and public policy
Experience: The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- At least 5 years of experience managing monitoring systems for projects in Nigeria, USAID experience preferred
- Strategic thinker, capable of understanding the “big picture” and working out detailed solutions
- Experience using data to support evidence-based decision-making
- Experience with DevResults system highly desired
- Fully proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, MS Access
- Experience working on an M&E team and managing M&E staff
- Detail oriented
Other: High level of English and preferred fluency in Hausa, Pidgin, or Yoruba
Disclaimer: This position is contingent upon donor approval
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should apply online at https://boards.greenhouse.io/winrock/jobs/4276193002 by May 15. Please make sure to include your CV, cover letter, and three (3) professional references. Winrock will only contact candidates considered for the position.
About the Organization
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.