Position: M&E Specialist – Food for Peace (FFP)
Location: Juba, with frequent travel to project sites
Reports to: Chief of Party
ABOUT RI: Relief International specializes in relief and development programs that benefit people in acute distress. A registered non-profit in the US, UK, France and Belgium, our work targets those fragile countries or communities that suffer from recurrent man-made or natural crises that impede human development. The people that we serve live in seventeen countries across the Middle East, Africa, and Asia where the debilitating effects of political instability, forced displacement, and natural disasters are pervasive. Often, RI is the only organization providing healthcare, education, logistics, energy, capacity building, economic development, sanitation, and many other forms of assistance to these highly vulnerable communities.
RI South Sudan is recruiting a M&E Specialist for the USAID FFP-funded Emergency Food Security activity in South Sudan. If awarded this will be a three-year, multi-million dollar project implemented in consortium with two partner organizations. The M&E Specialist will be responsible for developing and implementing an M&E system and plan, including a database to store and aggregate collected data. The M&E Specialist will be responsible for ensuring appropriate M&E capacity across the consortium, managing staff, resources and coordinating closely with partners to fulfill M&E requirements of the project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide strategic direction and oversight for the design, roll-out and implementation of M&E systems for the project.
- Work closely with the Chief of Party to ensure that program deliverables are met according to the detailed implementation plan.
- Ensure the M&E system is collecting and analyzing high-quality sex and age disaggregated quantitative and qualitative data and uses gender-sensitive data collection methods.
- Lead in the design and implementation of assessments, gender analysis, case studies, stakeholder analysis and other necessary data collection and analysis.
- Leverage lessons learned, best practices, program data, evaluations and other information to generate donor communication, proposal annexes, success stories, case studies and other results-based documentation.
- Ensure that transparent high-quality accountability mechanisms, including beneficiary feedback and response mechanisms, are in place, monitored and maintained.
- Develop and facilitate M&E workshops and modules for staff and partners to share, program, regional and global M&E tools, processes and best practices to cultivate a culture of learning.
- Build capacity of local M&E staff.
- Manage resources to improve and optimize the quality, effectiveness, and utility of M&E systems.
- Create data presentations for dashboards, maps and webinars for internal consumption and presentation to USAID/FFP and Government of South Sudan.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Master’s degree in statistics or economics; or a degree in relevant field with substantial course work in quantitative methods with a minimum of five years of professional experience in designing and implementing M&E systems in the context of humanitarian response or DRR programs is required. Two years of applicable experience can substitute for a master’s degree.
- Strong conceptual knowledge of food and nutrition security indicators, M&E plans, data quality assurance, mobile data collection, data utilization, and gender integration into M&E.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in developing and operationalizing routine monitoring system designed to track both output and outcome indicators.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed.
- Solid background and knowledge of Rules and Regulations of USAID.
- Demonstrated record in collaborating with local governments and partner organizations, preferably in consortia.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and strategic planning skills required.
- Strong English writing and verbal skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, tasks efficiently.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
The closing date for applications is 24th March 2020.
Due to the urgency of this role, we will be reviewing CVs and interviewing candidates on a rolling basis. Interested candidates are asked to submit their application as soon as possible.
About the Organization
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 17 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Relief International includes the four corporate members of the RI Alliance: RI-US, RI-UK, MRCA/RI-France and RI-Europe. Under our alliance agreement, we operate as a single, shared management structure.