We are searching for…
Search for Common Ground’s private fundraising and communications department is seeking a results-oriented and relationship-centered individual to serve as Major Gifts Officer. This is a unique opportunity to work with donors at the highest levels and be part of a dynamic Development office during a transformational expansion. The successful individual is creative and systematic in their approach to working with their portfolio and can engage and inspire prospective donors. The Major Gifts team works strategically and collaboratively with Search leadership, Development colleagues, other staff to raise funds for a comprehensive campaign. The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding major gifts ($100,000+) and Annual Fund leadership gifts ($10,000-$50,000).
The roles and responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute on an effective strategy for the major gifts portfolio
- Identify, qualify, cultivate and solicit a portfolio of 150+ prospects and current donors.
- Develop, implement and drive cultivation and solicitation strategies to secure one-time and multiyear gifts.
- Move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure, personally making face-to-face solicitations.
- Maintain relationships and engagement opportunities to retain donors over time and upgrade them at appropriate intervals
- Support solicitation activities of Search’s CEO, Vice President of Development, and Communications, and Senior Director of Partnerships and Engagement.
- Manage prospect tracking and correspondence in order to monitor progress toward assigned goals, communicating with key collaborators on a regular basis.
- Meet metrics as assigned, including goals for prospects identified, meetings completed, proposals submitted, annual gifts secured, comprehensive campaign gifts secured, and donors retained.
- Collaborate with Development, Communications, and programmatic staff to ensure that annual operating support gifts are part of a holistic philanthropic approach with donors.
- With the direction of Search leadership, develop concepts for, build participation of, and manage high-level donor membership groups
You meet the following qualifications:
- A minimum of seven years of progressive Major Gifts and/or Development experience.
- A proven track record of success in initiating contact with prospective donors as well as participating in individual cultivation and solicitation for fundraising campaigns.
- The ability to articulate the mission and programs of Search for Common Ground and to identify and connect these to the philanthropic interests of donors.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Highly effective in working in a cooperative, collaborative manner to foster positive organizational change.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage records, analyze trends, and apply best practices
- Capacity to self-start requiring minimal supervision to achieve goals
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft, Google Apps, and eTapestry
- French and/or Arabic language proficiency an advantage
About the Organization
Search for Common Ground (Search) is an international non-profit organization that promotes peaceful resolution of conflict. With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium. Search’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict - away from adversarial approaches towards cooperative solutions. Search seeks to help conflicting parties understand their differences and act on their commonalities. With more than 600 staff worldwide, Search implements projects from 60 offices in 35 countries, including Africa, Asia, Europe, and the Middle East.