MCDI is currently seeking candidates to serve as the Malaria Senior Technical Advisor for the upcoming four-year USAID Liberia Health System Strengthening contract. S/he will act as MCDI’s key representative within the project and will be responsible for overseeing the planning, coordination, and execution of all malaria activities at the county, district, and facility level for improved delivery of malaria-related services. S/he will liaise with and maintain productive collaborative relationships among project and in-country partners and provide technical leadership on implementation and use of treatment protocols, improved quality of preventative and counselling services, malaria in pregnancy, malaria diagnostics, supervision and quality assurance/quality control;
This position is contingent upon contract award to MCDI.
The Malaria Senior Technical Advisor will:
- work in close collaboration with the Project Director/Chief of Party to develop tools and strategies to address all malaria-related activities for improved patient outcomes;
- act as key representative of MCDI in coordination with Home Office Senior Program Manager;
- contribute to strategic planning, implementation, and monitoring of malaria-related functions such as prevention, treatment, and diagnosis;
- provide case management training and continued adaptation of materials for the enhanced clinical and diagnostics supervision process;
- track and report on accomplishments of activities within the workplan;
- provide guidance for the institutionalization of the health facility accreditation system to regulate the delivery of quality services, and;
- strengthen the delivery of malaria-related services by responding to gaps identified in areas of referrals, case management or malaria in pregnancy interventions.
- A clinical or medical degree in a health-related field; a Masters’ degree is a plus
- A minimum of 10 years’ professional experience in malaria programs including diagnosis, treatment, prevention, control and/or malaria elimination, either in an academic, research and/or program setting with at least 5 years in a senior management position
- Experience preventing malaria in pregnancy and malaria case management is preferred
- Experience in project management, managing staff and resources to execute research or field implementation programs is required
- Experience working with malaria donors such as USAID PMI, World Bank, Global Fund, and DfID is preferred
- Experience in writing scientific reports, manuscripts, and peer-reviewed publications is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills, team player and makes her/himself available as needed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Proficient in the use of the standard Microsoft Office package with particular experience using Words, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet Explorer
- Priority will be given to Liberian nationals
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org. Compensation will be based on USAID FSN scales.
Location: Monrovia, Liberia
About the Organization
Over the past 40 years, Medical Care Development International (MCDI), the international health division of Medical Care Development, Inc. (MCD), has worked to strengthen health systems through practical, evidence-based and high-impact interventions across several public health sectors in over 40 countries. MCDI collaborates with donors, national governments, the private sector, health agencies, communities and local stakeholder to improve the health outcomes of vulnerable populations. By joining MCDI, employees join a diverse network of highly capable individuals, many of whom are experts in their field.