Malaria Specialist, Zambia Evidence for Health (E4H) Activity, Lusaka, Zambia
USAID/Zambia intends to 1) Strengthen the national Health Management Information System (HMIS) owned and managed by the Government of Zambia’s (GRZ) Ministry of Health (MOH), 2) Improve monitoring, evaluation, and research capacities within key government and non-governmental institutions, and 3) Expand the evidence base for existing approaches to health programming in malaria, nutrition, family planning, maternal and child health, and HIV. The activity will support strategic objectives of USAID, the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), and the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI).
**Please note: Only Zambian citizens are eligible for this position. Please share your salary expectations in your application for this position.**
The Malaria Specialist will support the National Malaria Elimination Centre (NMEC) and President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) as required to strengthen malaria DDU across all target provinces. The Malaria Specialist will also oversee support to communities in five target districts in Eastern Province, selected in consultation with the NMEC. This support will focus on improving community-level surveillance with the goal of eliminating malaria in those communities by 2021. The Malaria Specialist will report to the HISP-ZM national DDU coordinator.
- Review DHIS2 malaria database with respect to data elements.
- Develop tracker module and improved surveillance reporting tools.
- Train community, facility and district surveillance teams in the 5 Eastern Province target districts.
- Support NMEC with their M&E requirements as needed.
- A minimum of a master’s degree in public health with specialization in malaria.
- At least twenty (20) years of experience working with malaria control planning and activities.
- At least ten (10) years of experience working within a Ministry of Health and familiar with Ministry planning and management systems.
- Experience with research or evaluation methodologies related to malaria prevention systems, planning and management.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.