Job Title: Manager II- Gateway
Location: Baltimore, MD/Headquarters
Reports to: Director, Operational Excellence
Gateway is a system for CRS’s business pipeline and project portfolio management, built on a Salesforce.com technical platform. Gateway enables the agency to capture & analyze intelligence on institutional funding opportunities at different stages—the “business pipeline.” It also provides a one stop shop for information about CRS projects around the world, including key documents related to proposals and agreements— the CRS “project portfolio.” CRS staff have access to institutional donor, partner, opportunity, proposal, project information and proposal and project documents. Gateway has been deployed across CRS.
The Gateway Manager II will lead the continued implementation of Gateway, including defining business requirements for enhancements and leading change management efforts. Project Management of Gateway is owned jointly by the Manager II and GKIM. Gateway is the embodiment of “One Agency,” and the Manager II must be a capable communicator, negotiator, and a team player.
The position holder will:
Lead the implementation of Gateway and ensure that the project’s product meets the business objectives
Project Management and Coordination Efforts
- In partnership with GKIM, develop and monitor a realistic project plan and budget, control project scope, manage expectations and identify and mitigate risks to the project. (While GKIM is responsible for the developing the project plan, budget, status reports, etc., the Gateway Advisor is expected to contribute to and review these items to ensure they serve business needs.)
- Build effective relationships with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) within OverOps, with other CRS departments directly affected by Project Gateway, GKIM and other stakeholders.
- Serve as a liaison as needed between GKIM and CRS staff using the system overseas and in HQ.
- Represent Gateway in the Leadership Group, the ICTAG, and with the Executive Sponsor and the ELT
- Proactively identify and effectively communicate project risks to Executive Sponsor and other agency leadership
Lead Gateway Business Requirement Analysis Efforts for Key Functionalities
- Liaise with departments in HQ (IDEA, Finance, PIQA) and Overseas (CRs, HOP, HOOP, Project Managers) to understand operational processes and identify opportunities and areas of need for project-related information.
- Identify and engage Subject Matter Experts to inform Project Gateway development and system implementation.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, GKIM and external consultants to develop and document system requirements, the business case, functional specifications, and current and future process flows.
- Ensure business requirements are clear and understood by stakeholders.
- Lead the gathering and review of the business requirements.
- Control requirements against the approved scope.
- Validate that proposed technical designs meets CRS needs.
Support Change Management Efforts relative to Gateway
- Provide support to Gateway staff as they:
- Develop and deploy the change management strategy. Provide guidance to the Change Management Advisor on content, timing, audience of communications.
- Develop and deploy training programs Work with the Trainer Advisor to secure the content for training materials and the effective delivery of face-to-face and on-line training.
- Improve data quality, in part by improving the user interface. Ensure that associated learning is incorporated in other Gateway activities (communications, training, user support).
- Provide direct assistance to users in reporting and analytics. Facilitate technical assistance to the end users by proving support to the help desk.
- Serve as focal point for a Gateway Community of Practice.
- Selectively travel to provide assistance to Country Programs.
- Monitor roll-out, follow risk management plan, identify and help solve constraints, collect and provide feedback to the Leadership Group and GKIM as appropriate for system enhancement.
Supervise Gateway team members.
Develop a vision for CRS’ use of Gateway in the 2-3-year time horizon, and a plan for moving towards appropriate resourcing for that vision.
Gateway Data Quality Advisor II, Trainer Advisor II, User Support Advisor I, Gateway Change Advisor
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
Key Working Relationships:
- INTERNAL: Gateway Advisory Group, GKIM Project Manager and other staff, Overseas and US Operations positions, and all potential providers and consumers of system information
- EXTERNAL: Contractor staff assigned to the project, system implementers
- Master’s degree in related field preferred; Bachelor’s required.
- 7 - 10 years’ experience in managing projects, including 3 - 5 years in a developing country.
- Demonstrated familiarity with CRS’ program quality perspective and programming and partnership approaches.
- Demonstrated experience using information technology to support business operations’ needs. Experience with Salesforce.com desired.
- Strong leadership, coordination and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated success leading the work of culturally diverse teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to travel overseas for assessments, training and capacity building of field programs, as well as to troubleshoot significant compliance issues.
- Fluency in English required; working ability in French or Spanish preferred with French strongly preferred
Normal conditions for an office environment
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Internal applicants are strongly encouraged to apply within first 10 days of posting
NOTE: All interested applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. at the time of application.