An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a great team for the delivery of assigned International Development Project Operations. The role will manage implementation of effective and efficient operational, financial and compliance activities to deliver inspirational projects that work to achieve positive impact in the world.
Project Management (Operations)
* Plan and manage the operational aspects of project start up and closeout to ensure delivery of required inputs to these processes from corporate services, service providers and stakeholders;
* Serve as the primary liaison between corporate services and the project;
* Support corporate registration in-country and ensure all legal and financial requirements are met and maintained for the entity and projects;
* In collaboration with corporate services, provide training and guidance to project staff on and ensure compliance with company policies, SOPs and Guidelines and client rules and regulations (covering as required security, occupational health and safety, risk management, planning, human resource management, monitoring, reporting, finance, procurement, logistics, IT, communications, audit support and all other operational matters);
* Establish project offices and office infrastructure;
* Participate in the development and maintenance of project work plans;
* Support the development and presentation of internal and external reporting (for example: Monthly Management Reports (MMRs), quarterly Internal Project Reviews (IPRs), project risk assessments, annual reviews, and client deliverables) and ensure these outputs are fit for purpose;
Head Contract and Client Relationship Management
* Monitor and maintain compliance with head/prime contracts;
* Monitor and report on overall progress against agreed targets, milestones, outputs and activities;
* Develop, manage and support contract amendments as required;
* Liaise with and respond to requests from clients;
* Support project advocacy with internal and external stakeholders;
* Ensure company policies, SOPs and Guidelines for financial management are implemented and are compliant with the client’s rules and regulations;
* Establish project levels of delegated authority in accordance with company policy and manage the process for higher-level approvals as required;
* In collaboration with Finance establish project account codes, ensuring they are fit for purpose and meet client’s and project’s requirements for cost allocation, monitoring and evaluation, and value for money (VFM) reporting;
* In collaboration with Treasury, set-up project bank accounts with appropriate company and project signatories;
* Monitor expenditure against budgets and forecasts, including staff costs, operating expenses and procurements;
* Manage project financial / cash-flow planning, review and approve (or obtain approval for) funding requests from the field, and review and approve (or obtain approval for) monthly Funds Transfer Requests (FTRs);
* Review cashbooks / field vouchers and ensure supporting documentation is complete;
* Serve as a coordinator for service providers and approve (or obtain approval for) work orders and invoices;
* Ensure the accuracy of client invoices (including monthly, milestone and performance based invoices) and where required prepare same; Monitor, reconcile and report expense advances monthly;
* Manage and approve (or obtain approval for) contract action requests (for example travel, personnel additions/changes, partner, grant, budget realignment, etc.);
* Manage the external audit process and ensure retention of project records is compliant with company policy.
Human Resource Management and Recruitment
* Support project human resource planning and recruitment and contracting and coordinate inputs and support from the company’s HR and Recruitment teams;
* In collaboration with Security, ensure safety and security procedures, including Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) requirements, are in place and adhered to;
* In collaboration with HR, ensure staff performance management systems are in place and adhered to;
* Lead the mobilisation and demobilisation of all international staff (short-term and long-term) including contracting, travel management, payments and induction;
Procurement, Sub-Contractor and Grant Management
* Serve as a point of contact with service providers and address contractual matters as required;
* Support development of project subcontractor / grant management procedures compliant with the company’s SOPs and Guidelines and client’s rules and regulations;
* Facilitate field office leases;
* Monitor and ensure quality of field procurement; ensuring compliance with company anti-corruptions and due diligence processes;
* Coordinate the processing of service provider work orders and invoices;
* Report monthly on the status of partner budgets/invoicing and grants;
* A relevant Bachelors degree (with a Master’s degree preferred).
* A minimum of 7 years relevant work experience.
* A minimum of 3 years project management experience with DFID, DFAT, USAID or other donor client(s).
* Experience managing large and complex projects with a high-risk profile.
* A minimum of 2 years of people management experience, including setting performance objectives, managing for results, giving and receiving feedback, performance evaluation and mentoring and coaching.
* A minimum of 2 years of work experience in a developing country or similar environment.
* Formal Project Management training and expertise.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyse financial reports.
* Sound problem solving and decision making skills.
* Strong management skills with ability to mentor, coach, lead, develop and evaluate staff.
* Willingness to travel and work abroad a minimum of eight weeks per year in developing countries and elsewhere.
* Ability to work with a low level of supervision and as a part of a team when required.
Location(s): England - London - East London
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.