Nathan is a private international economic and analytics consulting firm that works with government and commercial clients around the globe to deliver practical solutions and achieve lasting results. Whether building frameworks for economic growth or navigating regulatory hurdles, securing infrastructure financing or evaluating and assessing disputes, Nathan’s experts serve as trusted partners, offering clients the analysis, technical advice, and strategies they need for sound decision-making. Known for both technical and service excellence, Nathan has corporate offices in the US, UK, and India and more than 25 program offices around the world.
Nathan Associates is seeking a Managing Associate to support the Trade and Logistics group in our International Development Economics practice at our home office in Arlington, Virginia. Candidates must have a relevant advanced degree and significant, progressively responsible experience managing and providing technical assistance on donor-funded projects designed to enhance economic growth through improving transport and logistics systems, trade facilitation, trade policy, business enabling environments, and economic policy. Applicants must be self-directed and demonstrate an aptitude to work in a team environment, both as a leader and team player, and possess excellent project management, business development, proposal writing, and client management skills. The position will require frequent international travel and at minimum Spanish language skills.
- Participate in business development activities, including proposal preparation, as appropriate. (Most commonly, this is as a drafter of technical sections or as proposal director.);
- Marketing to clients and gathering of information on upcoming bid solicitations;
- Drafting of (and conceptualization of) firm-wide or practice marketing materials; and
- Perform on an as-needed basis the Business Development/Communications functions of an Associate.
- Serve as Project Director for long and short term donor projects;
- Manage complex projects (for clients or for internal purposes), including technical direction, staffing, contractual/subcontract oversight, budgeting, monitoring of progress, review/revision of final products;
- Prepare terms of reference for technical assistance activities for designated projects, including initiation of concept, technical design, and staffing;
- Train/oversee work of Associates, Research Associates, Senior Program Assistants, and Program Assistants; and
- Perform on an as-needed basis the Project Management functions of an Associate.
- Prepare reports for clients (requiring little or no editing by more senior staff);
- Make presentations to clients (and to staff) on technical subjects relating to transport, logistics, and trade facilitation;
- Develop proprietary tools/methodologies for broader potential application; and
- Perform on an as-needed basis the technical work functions of an Associate.
- M.A., M.S., M.B.A., or equivalent in relevant field such as Logistics, Transport, Supply Chain, Economics, Trade, Business, International Relations or other relevant field;
- Six or more years of relevant professional experience in transport, logistics, supply chain, customs and trade facilitation, preferably with donor-funded projects in developing countries.
- Progressively responsible technical, project management, and proposal experience on donor-funded projects;
- Proven experience in maintaining and building client relationships with USAID and other bi-lateral or multi-lateral donors;
- Knowledge or experience in trade and logistics issues, including customs, border management, transit, and trade facilitation;
- Proficient in Spanish;
- Ability to work in a team as well as on a self-directed basis;
- Strong analytical and communication capabilities;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Willingness to travel to overseas destinations; and
- Permanent U.S. work authorization required.
- Experience in USAID project management and solid knowledge of USAID rules and regulations governing project implementation and proposal development; and previous experience working in developing countries is desirable but not required.
About the Organization
Nathan is a private international economic and analytics consulting firm that works with government and commercial clients around the globe to deliver practical solutions and achieve lasting results. Whether building frameworks for economic growth or navigating regulatory hurdles, securing infrastructure financing or evaluating and assessing disputes, Nathan’s experts serve as trusted partners, offering clients the analysis, technical advice, and strategies they need for sound decision-making. Known for both technical and service excellence and with corporate offices in the US, London, and India and more than 40 program offices around the world, we offer the following five areas of expertise, honed since we opened our doors in 1946:
- International Development
- Infrastructure, Project Development & Finance
- Economic & Regulatory Consulting
- Litigation & Expert Services
- Advisory Services
For a close view of the company’s international and domestic projects please visit our related project listings and our international project websites http://www.nathaninc.com/services