CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from clean water to access to education; from microfinance to ensuring that everyone has nutritious food; from agriculture and climate change to disaster response. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for over 70 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.”
CARE is seeking for Managing Partner CARE Consulting. CARE Consulting works with its clients, top-tier corporations and public sector organizations, to help improve the lives of millions living below the global poverty line, focused on women and girls. We do this through multiple service lines operating in 90+ countries around the world. We have a powerful combination of deep roots and relationships in emerging markets and expertise in management consulting, human centered design, systems change and international development. We drive transformative change and value creation for our clients as we work with them building core business operations that are more just, sustainable, inclusive, gender transformative – and effective. Our core clients are Fortune 500 companies; however, we also work with multilaterals, global Foundations and INGOs. We work across four primary service lines: Sustainable Supply Chains, Gender Equity & Diversity and Inclusion, Base of the Pyramid Markets; and Community & Stakeholder Engagement.
- Lead and oversee client delivery, ensuring the rigor expected of best in class management consulting
- Business Development
- Lead Expansion of CARE Consulting’s Global Practice
- Vision & Mission
- Team & Culture
- Financial and Social Results
- Masters Degree in Business Administration or equivalent work experience
- 15+ years of management consulting experience or equivalent
- Experience with international development issues that are core to CARE Consulting’s value proposition such as responsible and gender transformative supply chains, gender equity and diversity & inclusion and Base of Pyramid markets.
- 10+ years building and managing high performing teams or equivalent
- Proven, exceptional skills developing strategies, business plans and financial models to successfully bring new services or products to market;
- Track record of successful business development, preferably in management consulting
- In addition to experience serving a range of clients across industries and functional areas, some experience embedding sustainability into core business strategies and operations;
- Experience as a successful entrepreneur or intrapreneur
- Excited by the opportunity to work with clients who are building innovative business models that integrate profits with purpose;
- Capability to manage and make progress against multiple simultaneous demands in short time frames, and to adapt to new challenges in a dynamic context with shifting priorities;
- Proven experience interacting and communicating effectively with members of a complex, global organization at multiple levels;
- Exceptional analytical skills, proven personal initiative and an ability to work proactively and with a strong sense of urgency;
- A credible presence, strong presentation skills, and strong ability to communicate with senior leaders;
- High level of comfort with MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint; and
- Deep commitment to a more just and sustainable world.
About the Organization
CARE is a leading humanitarian organization fighting global poverty. We place special focus on working alongside poor women because, equipped with the proper resources, women have the power to help whole families and entire communities escape poverty. Women are at the heart of CARE's community-based efforts to improve basic education, prevent the spread of disease, increase access to clean water and sanitation, expand economic opportunity and protect natural resources. CARE also delivers emergency aid to survivors of war and natural disasters, and helps people rebuild their lives.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
The closing date for this posting, if listed, is approximate. Job postings may be removed from CARE's career website at any time.