Founded in 1985, Cowater International Inc. has built a global reputation for excellence in the world of management consulting in international development. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada and with experience in more than 65 countries, Cowater has established itself as Canada’s leading management consulting firm in international development.
Cowater International Inc. is implementing a project Women Empowerment and Political Participation in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (WEPP-KP) which aims to increase the political participation and enjoyment of rights by women, particularly young and marginalised women and those at-risk.
Under the WEPP-KP Project, Cowater is providing Technical Assistance to KPCSW and the Social Welfare, Special Education & Women Empowerment Department (SW, SE & WED) KP, to map relevant services which respond to issues women commonly face. In addition, the project will develop a service directory for DCSWs and DSWOs which will support the development of district-specific referral pathways to ensure that women have access to the required care and assistance.
The purpose of this consultancy is to:
- Map all the relevant services in 26 districts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, develop a referral directory to respond to issues women commonly face for dissemination at the DCSW and DSWOs.
- The consultant / firm will achieve the following objectives:
- Mapping of the existing government service providers to women community at the district level covering legal, police, psycho-social, social protection (Ihsas program, Baitul maal), vocational centres and shelter services.
- Map the following services:
- Legal Assistance
- Psycho-social counselling
- Skill development/Vocational Centres
- Social Protection
- Shelter services
- Mapping is to be conducted in all 26 districts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
The consultant / firm will adhere to the following methodology:
Preparation and work plan discussion:
- Prepare, discuss and finalise the proposed work plan in consultation with WEPP-KP, KPCSW and SW, SE & WED Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
1. Select and manage the tasks:
- Organise an orientation meeting with SW, SE & WED Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on the format for mapping of services.
- Decide on distribution of districts amongst the team and organise the contacts through Social Welfare, Special Education and Women Empowerment Department.
- Guide the team during the mapping exercise
2. Mapping of services:
- Responsible for the mapping of the existing government and non-governmental services providers to community women in the field of legal, police, psycho-social, social protection (Ihsas program, Baitul maal), vocational centres and shelter services in 26 districts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
Budget limit: PKR 2.5 million
Start date: 1st February 2021
Proposed Activities (Timeline (weeks)) – Total 9 weeks
Mapping of Services
- Format for mapping of services for clarity and inputs in the format;
- Work plan; and
- Logistics with team leader and gender advisor of WEPP-KP.(Upon contract signing.
- Orientation meeting with all stakeholders involved (SW, SE, WED / WEPP-KP) on the mapping of services.(Within one week of contract signing)
- Conducting mapping of the existing government and non-governmental services providers in the field of legal, medical, psycho-social counselling, economic empowerment and skills development (the firm is expected to compile teams for data collection to be carried out in the districts, providing all necessary oversight and logistics support) (3 weeks)
- Consolidating all information gathered on service provision in 26 districts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (2 weeks)
- Stakeholder validation workshop to present and validate findings (1 day)
- Report with data on service provision in 26 districts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and submission (1 week after validation workshop)
- Integration of the comments in final version of mapping of services (1 week).
- An inception report including a work plan, detailed methodology and timeline, and mapping of services formats, to be submitted within 4 days from the commencement of the assignment.
- A draft report and map of services in excel sheet to be submitted within 40 days of conducting the mapping of services.
- A final report detailing the process and consultations, including the final Mapping of services in excel sheet to be submitted within 5 working days of receiving comments on draft report.
Indicative schedule of payment
- 20% payment will be made upon submission and approval of the inception report.
- 30% payment will be made upon submission and approval of the first draft of the service maps in excel sheet.
- 50% payment will be made following approval of the final drafts of all deliverables.
Taxes will be applied according to Government of Pakistan rules.
Qualifications & Experience
Qualification for this assignment will be based on the following criteria:
Minimum Acceptable Criteria
- Expertise – Consultant/firm should demonstrate:
- Firm should be based in Peshawar
- Expertise in mapping of services of government and non-government organizations.
- Ability to build institutional capacity in public engagement and public relations.
- Knowledge of issues related to gender equality and women’s empowerment.
- Relevant Experience
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience delivering public relations, stakeholders engagements, communications and research/mapping of organisations and/or projects.
- Demonstrated experience developing referral pathways for survivors of GBV.
- Completion of at least three (3) successful contracts / assignments involving mapping of services or community engagements, research studies and capacity development during the last five (5) years.
- Experience working with government departments on the subject or communication would be advantage.
- Experience in subject of gender equality and women’s empowerment in Pakistan is a distinct advantage for this assignment.
- No firm or individual who is currently blacklisted by the Government of Pakistan and/or debarred by any donor agency or multi-lateral organisation will be considered. Blacklisting or debarment will result in automatic disqualification from the procurement process.
The consultant or firm will report to the Team Leader of the WEPP project in electronic version by using conventional formats (e.g. word, pdf, jpg, etc.). The final versions of all documents should be submitted in electronic form, in both word and pdf formats to allow for ease of printing.
Place of Assignment
Place of assignment will be Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. Travel to districts will be required.
The applicant requires the explicit approval of Cowater International to share to a third party any information or data as well as material or result, which came into the knowledge of the applicant related to this contract. This agreement is applied after it exceeds the duration of this contract.
All applications are to be submitted through the Cowater Career page no later than 5pm EST, February 5, 2021.
The proposals will be evaluated through a competitive selection process. Proposals are required to include following elements. Incomplete applications will not be evaluated.
- Up to 1 page capacity statement demonstrating your technical skills and experience delivering similar services in Pakistan or similar context.
- Up to 1 page project sheet detailing a previous project delivered be the applicant which had similar service requirements.
- Up to 2 pages describing in detail your proposed approach to delivering the scope of services in an effective and value for money manner. This should include details on how you propose to engage stakeholders throughout this process.
- 1-2 page providing detail on your proposed approach to resourcing, including biopics of your nominated personnel.
- 1-2 page CV for each of your nominated personnel.
- Daily fee rate per nominated personnel.
- Number of days allocated to each nominated personnel.
- Expenses associated with the delivery of services [Note: this should only include expenses such as travel and accommodation costs, other logsitics expenses related to the delivery of the services].
- Total proposed cost to deliver the scope of services.
Evaluation of applications
Technical Evaluation: The evaluation of the Technical criteria will be as follows:
Criteria (Points) – Total of 100 points
- Specific experience of the Consultant (as a firm) relevant to the Assignment. (15 points)
- Adequacy and quality of the proposed methodology in responding to the Terms of Reference (TORs). (40 points)
- Appropriateness of resourcing strategy to achieving the outcomes of the assignment. (15 points)
- Key Experts’ qualifications and competence for the Assignment. (30 points)
NB: The minimum technical score (St) required to pass is: 70 points.
Financial Evaluation: The evaluation of the financial quotation will be as follows:
The lowest evaluated Financial Quotation (Fm) is given the maximum financial score (Sf) of 100.
The formula for determining the financial scores (Sf) of all other Quotations is calculated as following:
Sf = 100 x Fm/F
in which “Sf” is the financial score, “Fm” is the lowest price, and “F” the price of the Quotation under consideration.
The weights given to the Technical (T) and Financial (P) are:
T = 80%
P = 20%
Quotations are ranked according to their combined technical (St) and financial (Sf) scores using the weights (T = the weight given to the Technical Criteria; P = the weight given to the Financial Quotations; T + P = 1) as follows:
S = St x T% + Sf x P%.
Cowater reserves the right to cancel this procurement process without justification at any time and will not be held liable for any costs associated with responding to this call for applications.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with Cowater International.