ACDI/VOCA is seeking an experienced Market Development and Value Chain Team Lead for an anticipated USAID-funded Livestock and Nutrition Activity in Bangladesh. The program will increase livestock productivity, marketability and consumption of livestock products including dairy products within the Feed the Future Zone of Influence. The Market Development and Value Chain Team Lead will analyze the livestock sector and identify potential leverage points while engaging agribusinesses to strengthen meat and dairy value chains. This position will be based in Dhaka.
- Lead technical contributions and oversight in attaining project goals and objectives through increasing livestock productivity and facilitating market linkages
- Identify and develop end market opportunities for milk and meat products
- Lead the program strategy for private sector engagement that supports the three discrete, but interconnected program objectives
- Identify and engage with value chain actors to scale agricultural production to local, regional, and national markets
- Promote a culture of collaboration and learning amongst internal project staff and project stakeholders through knowledge sharing, developing thought pieces, and attending industry events
- Master’s degree in agronomy, agribusiness, business administration or related area.
- Minimum 12 years of experience working in market systems or value chain focused development programs and working with public and private actors to facilitate market-based and sustainable services
- Experience in meat and/or dairy value chain projects is preferred.
- Experience with USAID and/or any other international donor funded project is preferred.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience with teams and professional groups in a cross-cultural environment.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Fluency in Bangla and English is required.
- Experience in Bangladesh is required.
Bangladeshi nationals are highly encouraged to apply.
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. No phone calls please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.