International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S.-based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in more than 100 countries and implemented more than 300 projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies, and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in monitoring and evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, food security, and global health.
Assignment Title: Marketing Communications Consultant
Department/Location: Vienna, VA
Technical Point of Contact: Senior Director of Business Development
The Marketing Communications Consultant will help design and establish a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy to grow IBTCI’s brand in international development. The Consultant will possess expertise in digital communications, branding, visual communications, graphic design, content development, editorial strategy, and writing. The Consultant will work with IBTCI leaders to craft a marketing and communications plan to support an organizational brand refresh. The plan will include clear articulation of goals and target audiences, opportunities for growth and impact, and a tactical path forward to execute this strategy.
Using your marketing and graphic design subject matter skills, perform marketing tasks including, but not limited to:
Scope of Work
- Work with leadership and team members to design and establish a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy.
- Work with leadership to further define, evolve, and communicate IBTCI’s brand promise – the value of our solutions in the international development marketplace.
- Develop a strategy and action plan for:
- Web site redesign.
- Social media engagement, including outlets such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Marketing materials, with a focus on strengthening, revising, and creating, as appropriate, corporate and practice brochures, project descriptions, “one pagers” highlighting relevant experience or expertise, and other potential materials.
- IBTCI thought leadership, with a focus on identifying and targeting relevant conferences, networking events, and other public forums appropriate for an active IBTCI presence.
- Review IBTCI new business proposals with an eye on developing a new format and overall “look” to enhance readability, engage the reader, and grab mindshare.
- Develop creative and fresh graphic design templates for marketing materials, to support the IBTCI brand promise and visual identity.
- Advise staff on implementing IBTCI’s brand through imagery, logo use, and formatting.
- Participate in the development of branding guidelines for company-wide communications, including a style guide for new business proposals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Serve in the above consultant capacity to support the IBTCI technical practices of Crisis, Conflict & Governance, Agriculture & Food Security & Economic, Education & Growth and Global Health and/or Business Development divisions.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI clients.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision making authority on final work product.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience designing and implementing brand marketing and communications strategies and championing them within corporate leadership.
- Experience with branding, messaging, digital communications, social media, Web site, graphic design, and marketing materials.
- Strong writing, editing, and analytical skills.
- Experience in international development.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Minimum 10 years of experience working in marketing and communications, preferably in the international development arena.
- Experience developing content for marketing materials, social media, and Web sites.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work well under pressure and perform numerous tasks simultaneously.
- Outstanding communication and writing skills.
- Outstanding skills in visual communications.
- Motivated and energetic self-starter with a positive, inclusive, and creative outlook.
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher in communications, marketing, international development, business, or related field.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: No travel expected.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.