MDF is a multi-country facility, currently operating in five countries: Fiji, Timor-Leste, Papua New Guinea, Sri Lanka and Pakistan. Each country has its own country team on the ground, with a Core Leadership Team headed up by the Chief Executive Officer providing strategic, technical and managerial oversight across all MDF partner countries.
* Understanding opportunities available to migrated and/or unskilled labour in Timor-Leste and the growth potential of the sectors they enter.
* Assess qualifications, personal and professional motivations and entry points for the staffs in these sectors, particularly the ones entering at the base.
* Assess the upward mobility within the organisation; who is promoted, how fast and who is not and why? Also assess if and when staff branch out and start their own businesses.
* Compare the above two scenarios with the urban poverty line, and identify differences between people below and above the poverty line (Is it work experience, skills, education, etc.).
* Assess the role of urban-rural remittance/ exchanges as part of social safety nets: their household situation, how income is used to support their families, their future plans.
* Evaluate the labour requirements of firms and the constraints they face in finding, training, promoting and retaining workers
* Evaluate the growth potential of these sectors, and estimate their ability to further absorb more labour
For complete details click here
* Extensive experience in quantitative research on poverty and gender matters in a developing country context.
* Post Graduate qualifications in development studies, economics and social sciences from a reputed institute. A PhD in any of these subjects would be desirable.
* Strong qualitative research skills and experience in conducting field-based poverty research and analysis.
* Additional conceptual and practical knowledge of gender analysis and understanding underlying causes of gender inequality.
* Experience working with international donor-funded projects and/or international non-governmental organisations on relevant programs in increasing economic growth, employment and incomes.
* Excellent communication skills and fluency in English is essential.
This is an International Short-Term Adviser position defined as C3/C4 under the ARF. Applications should include a response to the position requirements. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a single document. Any financial/ technical proposals will be requested separately.
Applicant may access the links within this advertismement for detailed information related to technical, financial proposal, references etc.
Location : Indonesia - South Central Timor - South Central Timor
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status. The Market Development Facility (MDF) is an Australian Government-funded initiative that utilises a market systems development approach to connect with private and public sectors players with the ability and leverage to trigger lasting systemic change and create broad-based, sustainable pro-poor growth. MDF can be scaled-up to support further market development activities in country and in additional countries as needed.