RFQ Number: CRFQ-HQ-0195
Description: Media and Communications Advisor to the National Independent Election Commission (NIEC) of Somalia
RFQ Release Date: 5/30/19
RFQ Closing Date: 6/30/2019
RFQ Closing Time: 04:00PM Eastern Standard Time
Creative Associates seeks a consultant to provide technical expertise and advice as Media and Communications Advisor to the National Independent Election Commission (NIEC) of Somalia. The expert will provide technical outputs to support the capacity development of the NIEC in their preparations for the 2020 voter registration and 2020/21 Election. Specifically, consultant must demonstrate capabilities in the following areas:
- Minimum 10 years of direct experience in press and/or media relations;
- At least 5 of these 10 years must be in the electoral arena, either with EMBs or EOMs, within a press/media role. Finalists will be requested to provide examples of press releases they have drafted.
- At least 3 of the 10 years must be within fragile and conflict-affected states.
- Must have demonstrated track record of building collaborative relationships in complex political environments;
- Must have demonstrated track record of building brand recognition and corporate identity of a government office.
- Experience of web-based press/media relations; including; corporate web development, Facebook, twitter, etc.;
- Proficiency in design and publishing software.
Estimated period of performance: July 1 – December 31, 2019.
Estimated Level of Effort (LOE): Ninety (90) Days.
TASKS TO BE PERFORMED
- Provide guidance to the office of the NIEC chairperson to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on the target audience.
- Draft, edit (for review of the NIEC), and distribute content and products that include, but are not limited to: publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organization’s activities, products and/or services while maintaining messaging consistency in order to build the brand identity of the NIEC;
- Provide guidance and support related to responses to media inquiries, arrange interviews;
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists and maintain a media database.
- Provide recommendations on opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand, and coordinate publicity events as required;
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics;
- Transfer knowledge and skills to the national counterpart;
- Advise the chairperson on media relations and presence;
- Draft success stories for the BUILD project; and
- Provide expert guidance on compilation and editing of BUILD periodic reporting processes.
RESULTS AND/OR DELIVERABLES
- Draft success stories relating to BUILD project activities
- Provide tailored developmental training and mentoring; provide associated, tailored materials
- Provide weekly written reports to the BUILD Election Technical Advisor (ETA)
Please submit the following documents in response to this RFQ:
- A technical statement that addresses technical knowledge and practical aspects that the Offeror has and will employ reflecting the Statement of Capabilities;
- An updated CV that reflects the education, skills, and experience required in Attachment 1;
- A proposed daily rate that will be effective for one (1) year for level of effort (LOE) assignments and used as the basis for reasonableness determination for fixed price assignments. Please provide rate history or other basis for support of your proposed daily rate.
- Signed and completed Consultant Certifications
- USAID Biodata 1420 Form
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.