Do you love to help people solve problems and find the answers they’re looking for? Do you have experience in customer support? Are you excited to be a part of a global, mission-driven company that has an open, teamwork-focused culture? Read on.
You’re an empathetic listener, excellent writer, and problem solver. You thrive in an environment with repetitive tasks and where you own work. You also strive to understand your customers’ needs first and then find the right solution. You don’t shy away from difficult conversations. They energize you.
Note: This is a short-term contract that will end in January 2021, with the potential to be extended to a full-time employee position.
Does this sound like you? If you just said “yes,” keep reading…
What you’ll do here
If you’ve read this far, we know that you want to know more. What will you do as the Member Support Associate?
- Respond to member queries in a timely and accurate way, via phone, email or chat
- Identify member issues and find the right solution for them
- Create clear, engaging documentation for our Member Help Center
- Work with the product team to build tools that will increase the efficiency and quality of support we offer our members
- Collect and provide member feedback on our products and services
- Collaborate with the team in streamlining automated workflows
- Analyze and report on identified trends affecting members and site users, and give recommended solutions
- Manage and use specific project management tools
Here are the basic requirements we’re looking for in the role…
- Work authorization in the Philippines
- Fluent or native level of English
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
Besides the basics, here’s what we’d love to see you have experience with…
- The global development sector
- Zendesk, or a similar helpdesk tool
- Customer support focused on relationship management
What We Offer You
Being part of the Devex team is a partnership. We strive to make Devex a place where you can thrive and do your most inspirational work. Here are a few benefits we offer:
- Monthly professional and wellness activities
- Flexible work hours
- Work from home options (and we’re fully remote through the end of 2020 due to COVID)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Ready to get started? Apply now! Interviews will begin the week of July 13th, 2020, and we will continue to accept new applications until an offer is accepted.
About the Organization
Devex is the media platform for the global development community. As a social enterprise, we connect and inform development, health, humanitarian and sustainability professionals through news, business intelligence and funding and career opportunities. Our goal is to do more good for more people. Today, we reach over 1 million aid workers and development professionals, and we can't wait to make it even more.
We live our mission, and bring our world-class academic and professional experience to work every single day to change the world.
Our diverse global team includes 120+ web-savvy journalists, analysts, developers, designers, and marketers. Our headquarters is in Washington, DC., we have offices in Barcelona and Manila, and reporters on 5 continents. We cover the most meaningful issues in the world, from eradicating malaria and polio to fighting climate change to ending poverty in our time. Professionals at NGOs like Save the Children, CARE, ONE, and the Gates Foundation rely on us to be in-the-know.