Cardno is currently seeking a qualified, short-term Mid-Level Civil Engineer experienced in project planning, permitting, and engineering for soil and sediment containment systems and related projects for a USAID-funded dioxin remediation project in Vietnam. The Engineer will be part of the remediation team and support the preparation of detailed design plans and specifications for each approved non-treatment activity.
Scope of Work
The Engineer consultant will be part of a team developing a preliminary design package for a remedial treatment system. The consultant will support the development of documents related to the site conditions, treatment technology and system throughput.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Compile information on site conditions and utilities, review against potential requirements
- Support the development of technical requirements for remedial system
- Review, condition assessments, gap analyses, and/or develop engineering/planning solutions alternatives with associated strengths/weaknesses, costs and risks.
- Develop written plan sections, compile data into tables, develop conceptual figures
- Develop schedules, budgets, and internal tasks for assigned project elements.
- Engage with and/or manage internal and external team members/sub-consultants as and when required for assignments.
- Work within the company project management protocols and procedures.
- Perform technical QA/QC of project deliverables.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE).
- 7+ years demonstrated experience working with engineering planning/design projects, with emphasis in USAID, DOD and/or federal agency remediation projects.
- Demonstrated experience developing compliance requirements with regulations and codes, familiarity with International Building Codes
- Experience with development of procurement packages for design-build or design-bid-build
- Experience developing technical guidance documents
- Cost estimating and scheduling experience
- Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with project teams.
- Ability to meet deadlines for policy driven clients with aggressive project schedules.
- Ability to exercise professional discretion and judgement; and a critical eye for detail, completeness, and competency
- Ability to simultaneously work on and manage multiple tasks with tight deadlines
- Ability to use computer software including MS Office suite, ACAD, CAD, etc.
- Willingness to travel internationally, if needed
- Experience in SE Asia and especially Vietnam
- Experience with dioxin remediation
Position Location & Travel: Remote with potential travel to Bien Hoa, Vietnam
Assignment duration: Anticipated up to 60 working days from February – May 2020
About the OrganizationCardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd., is part of Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division with international development assistance companies in Brisbane, Brussels, Jakarta, Melbourne, Nairobi, Oxford, Port Moresby, and Washington, DC. Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. was formerly Emerging Markets Group, Ltd. and brings nearly a 30-year history serving the objectives of bilateral and multilateral donors and private clients. The Emerging Markets Division brings together a broad range of experience and talent; a rich history of innovation, passion and commitment to international development and an established reputation for high quality demand and client driven services.
Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division manages more than $750 million in current contracts and grants, brings together over 90 years of collective experience, and engages over 3,700 professionals in more than 100 countries. Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division currently implements over 130 projects globally.