Middle East/North Africa Energy Specialist Job Description
Deloitte Consulting LLP’s Government and Public Sector (GPS) practice is recruiting staff for energy programs in the Middle East and North Africa. These programs focus on expanding the supply of clean, affordable electricity services at the national and/or regional levels. Other objectives include:
1. Increase renewable energy supply
2. Improve the technical and institutional capacity and performance of select national utilities, and other relevant national power sector entities
3. Expand energy efficiency programs and technologies
4. Support policy and regulatory effort that will accelerate the above interventions
To support these programs, Deloitte is recruiting experienced Senior Energy Specialists (full-time and part-time) to support the anticipated breadth of interventions to achieve the above objectives.
Role and Responsibilities
Senior Energy Specialists are expected to engage in a diverse set of interventions aligned with the objectives above. Specific scope of work will be defined, based on background and experience. Specialists will be expected to lead programs and activities and leverage technical expertise and international energy development experience to inform strategic decision-making and bring leading practices to the project team
· Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in economics, engineering, finance, or other relevant field, particularly in energy sector
· Minimum of 5-7 years in the energy sector, 8-10 years preferred
· Significant experience in a least one, preferably several, of the objective areas defined above
· Experience working in similar context in North Africa/Middle East region
· Previous experience with USAID preferred, and/or with donor agency programs
· Demonstrated experience operating and managing teams in developing country environments, including conducting technical activities; prior team lead or chief of party experience highly desirable
· Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to solve complex problems
· Ability to write, communicate, and prepare engagement materials fluently in English, Arabic and/or French strongly preferred.
The primary place of performance for these activities will be in one or more countries in the region.