Deloitte Consulting US is seeking applications from Mongolian nationals and international specialists for both long- and short-term positions for a forthcoming 5-year energy governance activity in Mongolia funded by the U.S Agency for International Development (USAID). The Mongolia Energy Governance Activity seeks to promote the development, implementation of, and adherence to existing laws related to competitive and transparent processes that will:
1. Improve planning and operational performance of the electricity and heating systems
2. Increase market competitiveness in the power sector
3. Enable adoption of modern energy generation and management technologies
This is expected to be a five-year activity based in/around Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. We are seeking qualified candidates to support a range of activities over the life of the project, per the following requirements:
A Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in International Development, Economics, Public Policy, Energy, Engineering, or other relevant field and a minimum of five (5) years of experience working on donor funded activities (experience supporting USAID projects preferred).
Experience working in the Mongolian energy sector and with Mongolia Government counterparts or experience working in transition/emerging economies in the Europe and Eurasia region, incl Central and Eastern Europe, Central Asia.
Experience working in one or more of the following technical areas:
- Energy Sector Governance
- Energy Sector Planning and Operation
- Energy Market Development
- Power and Heat Generation (District Heating and CHP experience preferred)
- Renewable Energy
- Energy Sector Financing and Investments
- Private Sector Engagement
- Public/Private Partnerships
- Utility Operations and Management
- Energy Sector Decarbonization
- Air Pollution Control / Air Quality Monitoring
- Policy and Regulatory Affairs
- Emerging Energy Technologies and Cybersecurity
Experience working in one or more of the following project management areas:
- Project Management
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL)
- Gender & Social Inclusion
- Operations & Logistics
- Procurement and Grants Management (previous experience with Grants Under Contract preferred)
- Administration, Human Resources and Finance
Strong project management skills, along with highly developed interpersonal skills, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
Written and verbal fluency in English is required.
- Written and verbal fluency in Mongolian is preferred
Applicants can forward their CV and application letter to email@example.com
Deadline for Application: 28th February 2021