A mid-level evaluator with a minimum of five years’ experience in evaluation methodology (including mixed methods evaluation), quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis, and conducting evaluations of international development projects.
The M&E specialist will provide technical guidance related to conducting evaluations in the Ethiopian context. S/he will be expected to conduct independent data collection as required and assist with logistical planning and communications.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a field of study related to nutrition, agribusiness, food security, or M&E. In lieu of a Master’s degree, demonstrated strong practical experience working in or evaluating nutrition, agribusiness, or food security projects.
- At least five years’ work experience in evaluating development projects, including USAID-funded projects, with specific experience in Ethiopia preferred.
- Demonstrated sound analytical and technical skills.
- Fluent in Amharic and proficient in English, with good writing and organization skills in both languages. Must be able to communicate effectively in both written and oral form in English without the help of translation. Knowledge of one or more of other major local Ethiopian languages is desired.
- Specialist should also have demonstrated training and experience in logistics and communications or knowledge management.
All applications and CVs must be submitted in English.
ME&A, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. ME&A will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. A copy of our EEO Policy Statement and information on your EEO rights under the law can be found on the Employee Handbook and the Affirmative Action Plan.
About the Organization
ME&A is a qualified small business, dedicated to providing creative solutions for economic development and social development throughout the world. Our Core Areas of Concentration include Monitoring & Evaluations, Economic and Community Development, Public Administration and Governance, and Business Development and Technology Transfer.
ME&A’s staff of professionals are dedicated to pursuing excellence in the principles, practices and processes of their professions. We are a client-oriented organization committed to upholding the highest of professional standards and being a responsible corporate citizen.
We believe in creative teaming with other partners, maintaining strong professionalism and ethics in meeting our objectives, and utilizing our multicultural skills to better understand and communicate with our clients. ME&A pursues and embraces our client’s organizational and programmatic goals. We work as a team, whereever appropriate, to bring collective knowledge to bear in creating developmental solutions.
ME&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer.