The QED Group is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation Director candidate for the upcoming USAID-funded Nigeria Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Activity. This position will be full time and based in Abuja, Nigeria for an anticipated implementation period of five years
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Support Activity is a five-year activity to assist USAID/Nigeria in advancing its broader organizational learning and development efforts. This will be accomplished by further strengthening the Mission’s capacity and performance in programmatic monitoring, evaluation, learning, collaborating, and adapting. The MEL Support activity will closely align with USAID/Nigeria’s new Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) to be launched in the summer/fall of 2020. The MEL Support activity will provide a broad range of specialized technical assistance, training, data gathering and analysis, field-based monitoring, evaluations and assessments, facilitation of organizational learning and
adaptation initiatives, and short-term technical assistance.
This position is contingent on QED being awarded this project.
- Lead monitoring and evaluation, analysis, and assessment activities including the data quality assessments, participatory data collection methods and protocols, and data quality verification techniques.
- Manage the design, quality development and production of all data quality assessment reports, assist in the production of evaluations reports and any assessments, population-based surveys and studies including the testing of the development hypotheses.
- Responsible for evaluation, design, and development of participatory data collection methods and protocols for performance and impact evaluations.
- Support the Mission’s PMP and the development and maintenance of implementing partners’ M&E Plans.
- Assist the Chief of Party and M&E Director with outreach and engagement with the private sector, universities, NGOs, the Government of Nigeria and other donors, as required.
- A graduate degree in a relevant field, such as education, international development, non-profit management, with focus on evaluation methodologies or a bachelor’s degree and two years of work experience (in addition to the five years of experience required below)
- Five years of relevant experience in designing and implementing M&E and learning systems, preferably within education, livelihoods, or private sector development programs in Nigeria or similar country contexts
- Experience in relevant technical areas, such as survey and research tool design, data collection, statistical analysis, qualitative research, and dissemination of results
- Demonstrated commitment to collaborating, learning, and adaptive management
- Strong understanding of multi-sectoral development theory and thorough working knowledge of USG operations, regulations, policies, procedures and programs desirable
- Citizen of Nigeria
- Fluency in English required; fluency in Hausa, Yoruba, or languages native to Nigeria desired.
About the OrganizationQED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
More Jobs from this Organization
- Data and Learning Associate - Knowledge, Data, Learning, and Training
- Chief of Party - USAID/Nigeria Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity
- Deputy Chief of Party - USAID/Nigeria Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity
- Director of Collaboration, Learning, and Adapting - USAID/Nigeria Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity
- M&E Specialist - USAID/Honduras MEL and CLA Activity Proposal
- See 10 jobs from this organization