World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 34,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united in helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Through our work, every 60 seconds … a family gets water … a hungry child is fed … a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
Here’s where you come in:
*Position is contingent upon funding and donor approval.
As the Monitoring and Evaluation Lead, you will provide technical expertise and leadership to generate and analyze quality evidence and data through monitoring, assessments, and evaluations for the proposed USAID/Food for Peace -funded Development Food Security Activity (DFSA) in Mozambique. You are a technician with demonstrated experience in building or strengthening monitoring systems, quantitative and qualitative analysis, survey and sample design, and effectively promoting evidence-based program management.
- A master’s degree or above in a quantitative field such as economics, agricultural/development economics, statistics, biostatistics, nutrition, applied sociology, anthropology, or other relevant subjects with significant training in quantitative methods.
- 7 years or more relevant experience is required.
- Demonstrated experience in leading the M&E of a large award (multi-sectoral and multi-stakeholder US Government funded project).
- Strong conceptual knowledge about Theory of Changes (ToCs), logic model, food and nutrition security indicators, M&E plans, data quality assurance, data utilization, and gender integration into M&E.
- Experience working/living in countries in Africa. Familiarity with the Mozambique context.
- Fluency in English and Portuguese.
- Mandatory travels to implementation sites and regional, global meetings as required.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 31 MAY 2021. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.