World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Monitoring and Evaluation Lead, Malawi, you will provide technical expertise and leadership to generate and analyze quality evidence and data through monitoring, assessments, and evaluations. You will be required to build and manage monitoring systems, lead mixed methods measurements such as baseline and evaluations and effectively promote evidence-based program management. You will also provide technical expertise on learning agendas, consortium learning practices, and provide input to senior management for program adaptation based on key learnings. You will also provide technical guidance and supervision of sub-grantees and/or sub-contractors on Monitoring and Evaluation related issues.
- A Master’s degree in a quantitative field (economics, agricultural/development economics, statistics, bio-statistics; nutrition, applied sociology, anthropology, or other relevant subject) with significant training in quantitative methods plus eight years relevant experience, or a PhD in any of the stated field of study above, with at least six years relevant work experience are required.
- Demonstrated experience in leading the M&E of a large award (multi sectoral and multi stakeholder US Government funded project).
- Strong conceptual knowledge about ToCs, logic model, food and nutrition security indicators, M&E plans, data quality assurance, data utilization, and gender integration into M&E.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in developing and operationalizing a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation plan.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with international assistance program Monitoring and Evaluation requirements, preferably USAID Office or Food for Peace (FFP) policies.
- Fluency in English.
- Mandatory travels to implementation sites and regional, global meetings as required.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 02 FEB 2019. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.