- Lead the development and finalization of the final project Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Plan.
- Lead the development of relevant M&E tools and platforms, and provide M&E specific technical training, mentoring, and coaching to the project team and partners.
- Develop strong M&E data collection and analysis systems to ensure that program interventions are effective.
- Contribute to program and monitoring reports for submission to USAID.
- Support program staff and senior management to use data for decision making to improve program implementation.
- Work closely with the DCOP to provide timely updates on project progress, achievements, and challenges and make decisive adjustments when needed.
- Work with DCOP to closely monitor program implementation, impact, and milestone achievement, and document and disseminate project successes.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field such as statistics, social sciences, international development, or related fields.
- At least 5 years of experience in managing data-intensive programs in designing, monitoring, evaluation, and learning methodologies.
- Prior experience working in Timor-Leste or Southeast Asia preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and train others in M&E methodologies.
- Significant experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis methods, including tracking outcome indicators.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing, interpreting, and reporting on M&E results so that lessons can be learned and incorporated into programming
- Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information and budget management systems.
- Excellent strategic, analytic, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with the capacity to see the big picture and the ability to make strategic decisions.
- Excellent relationship management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
- Strong team leadership abilities with diverse and multi-disciplinary teams. Ability to be an effective coach and mentor.
- Strong communications and presentation skills; able to develop tailored and persuasive messaging for varied audiences.
- Proactive, patient, resourceful, solutions-oriented, and flexible.
Required/Desired Foreign Language: English. Knowledge of Tetun is preferred.
Travel Required: 50% within Timor-Leste.
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Deputy Chief of Party, Sub-Regional Head of Programs, Technical leads
External: USAID representatives in Timor-Leste, implementing partner program managers
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Develops Talent
- Builds Relationships
- Accountability and Stewardship
- Strategic Mindset
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until this position is filled.
About the OrganizationCatholic Relief Services was founded in 1943 by the Catholic Bishops of the United States. Our mission is to assist the poor and disadvantaged, leveraging the teachings of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to alleviate human suffering, promote development of all people, and to foster charity and justice throughout the world.
Working through local offices and an extensive network of partners, CRS operates on five continents and in 98 countries. We aid the poor by first providing direct assistance where needed, then encouraging people to help with their own development. Together, these approaches foster secure, productive, just communities that enable people to realize their potential.
As the official international relief and development agency of the U.S. Catholic community, CRS is also committed to educating the people of the United States to fulfill their moral responsibilities toward our global brothers and sisters by helping the poor, working to remove the causes of poverty, and promoting social justice.