The Philippine Youth Activity will work with the Government of the Philippines to support improved basic education and life skills for vulnerable youth. The project outcomes will include improved literacy, life and employability skills; strengthened local capacity to deliver education and training service delivery; and strengthened youth leadership and engagement.
The project will focus on engaging out-of-school youth (OSY) in workforce and community development activities, through provision of critical training and post-training support to OSYs such as civic engagement activities, entrepreneurship, and job placements. To provide demand-driven skills training and support the project will work closely with the Department of Education’s Alternative Learning Systems and the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority’s livelihood skills training. The key components include:
- Convening key stakeholders including local governments, academia, the private sector, and national government agencies to address out-of-school youth issues, in conjunction with Out-of-School Youth Development Alliances.
- Strengthen life skills of Out-of-School Youth and increase youth civic engagement.
- Certify Out-of-School Youth with nationally-recognized vocational credential, improving employment options.
- Engage highly-marginalized Out-of-School Youth sub-populations across gender, disability, and other issues related to equitable access.
The M&E Manager will lead a team in designing and implementing tailored monitoring and evaluation data collection for all project activities. S/he will supervise the development of the necessary data collection instruments, methodologies and management protocols to capture data collection. S/he will analyze the data and use it to inform project reports, and informing the projects planning process, to ensure that data is being used regularly to improve the project outcomes. This position will report to the DCOP and is contingent upon contract award to Cardno.
- Provide technical leadership and support for monitoring and evaluation, ensuring data quality assurance, and meeting work plan targets and outcomes;
- Design the evaluation methodology and participatory data collection methods and protocols for both performance and impact evaluations;
- Lead a team in designing and implementing tailored monitoring and evaluation data collection activities;
- Supervise the development of the necessary data collection instruments, methodologies and management protocols to capture data collection, and ensure timely and quality reporting;
- Collate and analyze data for regular project reporting, and lead periodic performance reviews to present and discuss findings and inform project design and implementation;
- Prepare a variety of technical and communications documents and visual representations of data for both internal and external audiences;
- Provide leadership for knowledge management and disseminating lessons learned and best practices;
- Supervise M&E officers and staff, and oversee day to day data collection and data entry activities.
- Sciences bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred
- At least seven years of work experience leading M&E teams to conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Experience developing survey questioners, surveys and data collection, assistance with monitoring plans and indicators, knowledge dissemination and public outreach and performance management
- Strong analytical skills advanced knowledge of M&E data analysis software, such as SPSS, Stata, and Excel
- Experience in monitoring and evaluating youth programming preferred, particularly with USAID programs in the Philippines or elsewhere in the region
- Experience with USAID’s management and reporting requirements and systems, indicators, and M&E and Learning (ME&L) framework
- Strong inter-personal and public relations skills
- Experience leading donor-funded projects in the Philippines or elsewhere in the region
- Demonstrated experience in working with non-governmental organizations, governmental and civil society organizations
- Philippine nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
- Fluency in English.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Cardno has a long standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources.
About the Organization
Cardno has a 50-year history of working in partnership with developing countries to deliver solutions for sustainable development. Through the expertise of professionals operating in more than 100 countries, we investigate the causes of poverty and focus on improving the physical, economic and social infrastructure that sustains communities.