As part of its cooperation framework agreement with the Government of Ethiopia and the AGRA Ethiopia Country Program, AGRA seeks to strengthen the capacity of the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock in effectively implementing the flagship Growth and Transformation Plan (GTP). AGRA is seeking to recruit an experienced and exceptional individual to the role of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to be seconded to the Ethiopian Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock for an initial one-year period renewable up to a maximum of three years based on performance.
The services include:
- Lead the mid-term evaluation of the Growth and Transformation Program (GTP) II and writing of the evaluation report.
- Develop recommendations for program adjustment based on the findings of the mid-term review and follow up action
- Develop an effective M&E framework with trackable performance measures for monitoring the performance of the GTP II implementation for the reminder of the GTP II implementation
- Conduct regular monitoring of the program and identify key bottlenecks for the program implementation and follow up decision making with the relevant authorities
- Lead the final evaluation of GTP II at the end of the program
- Contribute to the design of GTP III.
- Build the capacity of the PPD through training, coaching and mentoring
AGRA now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services including detailed Curriculum vitae and certified academic certificates. AGRA will request for a financial proposal and negotiate with the best candidate.
About the OrganizationAGRA works to achieve a food secure and prosperous Africa through the promotion of rapid, sustainable agricultural growth based on smallholder farmers. Smallholders--the majority women--produce most of Africa's food, and do so with minimal resources and little government support. AGRA aims to ensure that smallholders have what they need to succeed: good seeds and healthy soils; access to markets, information, financing, storage and transport; and policies that provide them with comprehensive support. Through developing Africa's high-potential breadbasket areas, while also boosting farm productivity across more challenging environments, AGRA works to transform smallholder agriculture into a highly productive, efficient, sustainable and competitive system, and do so while protecting the environment.