Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position
Dexis is seeking an experienced Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist based in Bogota, Colombia to provide monitoring and evaluation (M&E) technical services for the Department of State’s Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL), Office of Western Hemisphere Programs (WHP).
The M&E Specialist for Colombia shall work with the counterpart Colombia M&E Specialist, M&E Coordinators, WHP, Posts, implementers, and all other relevant partners to determine the most effective and efficient data collection methodology for selected indicators and will be in charge of collecting all data that originates from entities within these countries. Data collection effort may include (but are not limited to), submitting data requests to host governments, partnering with NGOs or other government partners, researching open source data, and working with private entities.
This person shall become a subject matter expert in all INL/WHP programs in Colombia and coordinate with the D.C.-based team in order to ensure the measures being developed are as standardized as possible across the Region.
This is a full time (defined as at least 40-hour work week) position. This position may ultimately be based in a U. S. Embassy facility, however Dexis will provide a laptop for the M&E Specialist to work remotely in or near Bogota until they are able to transition to Embassy facilities, which is dependent on the individual’s ability to obtain and hold RSO vetting approval as well as the availability of space in Embassy facilities. If the M&E Specialist is unable to transition into Embassy Facilities for any reason, Dexis will provide work equipment until the end of the contract.
- Draft Performance Measurement Definition Forms (PMDFs) and Variable Definition Forms (VDFs) for selected indicators and work with their counterpart Colombia M&E Specialist, D.C.-based counterparts, implementers, and Post in order to determine if data is relevant to the post, what data already exists, and how the data will be collected, displayed, and reported.
- Design measures and collect the data for smaller and more local projects, which will be done in coordination with the D.C.-based team.
- Respond to data calls and produce written and oral reports and presentations on performance measures from their respective countries when requested.
- Brief decision-makers when requested and will ensure continuity of operations by guaranteeing the transfer of all data, standard operating procedures, and knowledge are transferred to the appropriate INL/WHP staff upon completion of the contract.
- Collect and report all performance measure data in Colombia in compliance with the INL/WHP reporting cycle.
- Ensure all data, knowledge, documents, and systems are properly turned over to their INL/ WHP-Post counterpart(s) and that those counterpart(s) are adequately trained on all indicators, data collection methods, and sources in order to ensure their counterpart(s) are able to continue collection and reporting.
- Provide training as needed to INL staff at Post to allow them to best utilize the data collected under the project.
- At least two (2) years of experience in monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, foreign assistance, and/or performance management
- Ability to obtain successful RSO vetting approval
- At least two (2) years of experience with data collection and management
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing project evaluations
- FSI Level 4/4 English and Spanish or equivalent
- Proven ability to deliver a quality written product and presentations in English
- Be based in Bogota and able to attend meetings at the U.S. Embassy and other INL/WHP partners in Colombia.
- High level of knowledge of Colombian laws, customs, current events, and governmental institutions
- Experience in a customer-facing position, with the ability to interact with government officials
- Ability to travel to D.C. and other places within Colombia and the LAC region
- Ability and experience presenting results in presentations and written reports
- A moderate level of experience and competency with data analysis and producing quality descriptive data visualizations
- Basic knowledge of statistical analysis and software such as SPSS
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Master’s Degree or two (2) years of post-graduate education
- Experience with technical writing or report production
- Knowledge or experience with international narcotics, law enforcement, border security, corrections, or criminal justice-related programs
- Experience supporting the Government Accountability Office, Office of Inspector General, U.S. Department of State, Department of Justice, USAID or other similar government partners
- Experience with Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, or other similar business intelligence software
- High level of competency with statistical analysis and statistical programs such as SPSS or STATA
- Experience supporting Non-governmental Organizations
- Local Colombian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a “find a way or make a way” business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes “all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.