The International City/County Management Association (ICMA) seeks a Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist to successfully and effectively implement the anticipated USAID/Georgia-funded Local Self-Government Strengthening Activity.
The Activity has four objectives, namely:
· Objective 1: National institutional capacities, legislative frameworks, and partnerships for meaningful decentralization strengthened;
· Objective 2: Subnational public administration and accountability systems improved;
· Objective 3: Subnational capacity to deliver inclusive, accessible, and citizen-responsive public services, in alignment with national standards, enhanced; and
· Objective 4: Communities engaged and empowered to hold subnational governments accountable.
The Activity has been designed to specifically (a) support central-level institutions to manage implementation of the Georgian Decentralization Strategy (Objective 1) and (b) strengthen accountability across the local governance ecosystem (including across branches of government and across governance functions) (Objectives 2, 3, & 4).
Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will oversee the monitoring and evaluation process for the project, which will include working with the technical experts in identifying baseline information, tracking and recording relevant data; reporting on progress, and overseeing project evaluations.
Key job functions include:
- Lead collaborating, learning, adapting and data collection activities for the project;
- Lead the project’s overall Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning efforts, including the design and oversight of a strong MEL plan;
- Review data collection tools, supervise data collection, and conduct data analysis and interpretation of findings;
- Conduct routine data quality assurance process to maintain adequate quality control in all aspects of MEL from data collection to results reporting;
- Ensure on-time, accurate, and quality reporting, including the preparation of semi-annual and annual reports and drafting of quarterly MEL reports with project staff;
- Build capacity of local stakeholders and project staff in relevant MEL topics, including data dissemination and use for program improvement;
- Participate in and support the Project implementation team to document and disseminate lessons learned and best practices;
- Master’s degree in statistics, social sciences, economics, international development, evaluation research or related field.
- Familiarity with non-linear approaches to evaluating and measuring change.
- At least seven years of experience in monitoring and evaluation, including the management and oversight of donor-funded project reporting in developing countries.
- Strong knowledge of software computer applications, such as SPSS, SAS desired.
- Excellent report writing, analytical and oral presentation skills.
- Professional fluency in English and Georgian, fluency in Russian is a plus.
About the Organization
The International City/County Management Association (ICMA), is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization which develops tools and resources that advance professional local governance in order to create sustainable communities that improve lives worldwide. Since 1914, ICMA has implemented over 500 programs in more than 70 countries, delivering hands-on assistance by tapping into the knowledge and skillset of more than 13,000 members, who provide long-term learning, mentorship, and partnership opportunities for their counterparts in local government. ICMA performs a wide range of mission-driven grant and contract-funded work both in the U.S. and internationally, thanks to the support of federal government agencies, international foundations, and corporations.
For more information regarding ICMA’s programs and services, please visit www.icma.org.