The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager will be part of the Global MEL team. This position will oversee MEL implementation for a portfolio of donor-funded international agricultural development projects, provide MEL and research support to new business development efforts, and lead MEL departmental initiatives. This role is expected to provide sole oversight for 1-2 projects, support the MEL Senior Manager/Director on an additional 2 projects, and support 2-3 new business development efforts each year. This position will report to the Director of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Advise and assist project MEL leads to develop a MEL plan and data collection tools.
- Provide technical oversight to the project MEL lead as they implement the MEL plan, including sampling, analysis, reporting, data quality assessments, and internal and external evaluations.
- Design and manage an electronic system used for project data collection and analysis, in collaboration with the vendor.
Support to New Business Development
- Collaborate with the proposal lead to develop a plan for data mining and capture.
- Support the development of a theory of change for project design.
- Write job descriptions and support recruitment of proposed project M&E staff.
- Conduct research to inform proposal theory of change, MEL plan and indicator targets.
- Stay up to date with and share learning about state-of-the-art approaches to MEL.
- Lead department initiatives, such as facilitating a MEL community of practice, and organizing the collection of standard indicators across projects; support other department and organizational-level initiatives, such as the development of MEL instructions and tools for project staff.
- Promote a culture of learning, data analysis and reflection within Venture37, in collaboration with key departments.
- A Master’s level degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Statistics, Monitoring and Evaluation, or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in MEL in a development context with at least 2 years of experience providing MEL support to donor-funded projects.
- Experience using theory of changes for projects.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative research, analysis, and evaluation skills.
- Proficiency in common statistical software including Stata, SPSS, etc.
- Ability to work well independently and function effectively as a member of a geographically dispersed team.
- Ability to take on diverse tasks and manage many priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent writing, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- Ability to travel overseas up to 20% of the time.
- Experience in MEL for international agriculture projects.
- Experience providing MEL support to projects funded by USAID, USDA, Gates Foundation.
- Experience with electronic data capture and analysis platforms.
- Fluency in French, Portuguese, and/or Arabic.
Land O’Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O’Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
About the Organization
Land O'Lakes Venture37 is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit committed to helping communities around the world build economies by strengthening local agriculture, helping agribusinesses create jobs and linking farmers to markets. Since 1981, it has implemented over 315 integrated dairy, livestock and crops development programs in nearly 80 countries — creating lasting impact by linking farmers, businesses, and the public and private sector in local and global contexts. Land O’Lakes Venture37’s long-standing affiliation with Land O’Lakes, Inc. sets it apart. Land O’Lakes, Inc. is one of America’s largest farmer-owned cooperatives. It supports Land O’Lakes Venture37 project implementation with nearly 100 years of expertise in dairy, animal nutrition, crop inputs and agricultural insights and technologies. This gives Land O’Lakes Venture37 development projects a unique global view of agriculture, food and the power of well-functioning market systems. Land O’Lakes, Inc. supports these efforts as part of its enterprise purpose of Feeding Human Progress at home and around the world.