Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager, Market Systems and Partnerships
ACDI/VOCA is currently seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager for the upcoming USAID Feed the Future global initiative Market Systems and Partnerships which aims toadvance knowledge on and explore new areas around market systems facilitation as a means to achieving more competitive, inclusive, and resilient market systems. The project will also engage directly with private sector partners to commercialize and scale agriculture technologies and services as well as catalyze commercial investment in agriculture.
The MEL Manager is responsible for overall project data collection, monitoring, reporting and learning of results. The ideal candidate should have proven experience helping teams apply information and knowledge generated through M&E systems in order to inform adaptive management approaches as part of a collaboration, learning, and adaptation (CLA) approach.
- Develop the Monitoring, Evaluation, & Learning (MEL) plan incorporating feedback from project staff, partner organizations, host governments and other donors and stakeholders
- Work with technical leads to develop a learning agenda which will incorporate CLA strategies within each of the proposed technical activities
- Oversee the development and implementation of beneficiary tracking and database management systems to collect, process and manage project data
- Track and analyze project indicators and other useful statistics and prepare high-quality and timely reports using the recommended formats and communication channels
- Serve as the activity’s internal leader for MEL, including both monitoring of performance and implementation and sharing of lessons learned
- Supervise implementation of action-based learning and other prospective, complexity-aware monitoring tools such as network analysis, most-significant-change, etc.
- Assist the Chief of Party in facilitating collaboration with key stakeholders in sharing findings and gathering inputs to inform an adaptive management approach
- Coordinate regularly with ACDI/VOCA’s headquarters office in Washington, DC, especially the program management M&E teams
- Undertake other duties that may be assigned from time to time
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in economics, statistics, social sciences, international development, sociology, or related field
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience managing the performance monitoring plans, evaluation, collaboration and learning, preferably with knowledge of USAID’s CLA approach and measuring systemic change
- Experience with USAID programs and knowledge of USAID rules and regulations desired
- Demonstrated successful experience in conducting qualitative and quantitative surveys and applying analytical methods required
- Experience with project evaluations, change management, and in design and facilitation of short- and long-term training programs
- Staff management experience preferred
- Familiarity with relational databases preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required
- Ability to travel internationally, as needed
Please apply directly online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewedpromptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Since 1963 and in 147 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.