Job DescriptionUniversity Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global professional organization dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/). Project Overview:
USAID Recovery Within our Reach project: Community-Based Drug Treatment and Recovery (CBDTR) Services in the Philippines is a five (5) year project from May 2019 to May 2024. The primary objective of the project is to help persons who use drugs (PWUDs), people in recovery, and their families obtain access to informal care, self-help or community-based treatment and recovery support to reduce or prevent drug dependence. By the end of the project, more communities will be able to provide evidence-based approaches to CBDTR services that Filipino PWUDs and their families can access without fear or prejudice. Position Overview:
The MEL Director will lead the systematic collection, analysis, reporting, and dissemination of project data. S/he will provide technical leadership, oversight and strategic direction for monitoring and evaluation activities of the project. The candidate will work closely with the technical teams and provincial/LGU staff to ensure the overall monitoring and evaluation system for reporting progress and maintain reporting procedures and guidelines in compliance with USAID. The MEL Director will support CLA activities and ensure activity staff and IPHO counterparts can employ a data-driven approach. Job Description:
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Design and oversee the monitoring and evaluation framework for the program, identifying cost-effective means to monitor the impact of the CBDTR project activities;
- Support all project and partner staff in developing, training, and applying new and proven approaches to monitoring, evaluation and learning for CBDTR services
- Lead the design and implementation of base- and end-line evaluations, as well as working with local organizations to ensure a standard of rigorous data quality across activity interventions, ensuring continuous improvement through real time M&E feedback into ongoing processes and services.
- Responsible for ensuring that all technical, research inputs are strategic, consistent and coordinated, and that quality reports are delivered as per the indicated schedule; and
- Work with the provincial/LGU staff to develop the capacity of provincial and municipal data collection and monitoring, taking care to ensure confidentiality and privacy of identifiable personal data.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in health, law, political science, international relations, social sciences or related field.
- At least 7 years of previous experience in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning, preferably for USAID projects
- Previous experience working with CBDTR or similar projects, desirable;
- Full time commitment to the project, a must
About the Organization
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. URC focuses on finding ways to deliver proven approaches to health care problems, applying quality improvement (QI) methods and conducting operations research to tailor those approaches to various settings. Recognizing implementation barriers unique to each setting, we train local managers and service providers to strengthen health systems, integrate system elements, and bring improvements to scale.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers.
You must upload your CV/Résumé and your Cover Letter where indicated. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
Position is Contingent upon Award
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.