The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer will be responsible for supporting the Conectando Caminos por los Derechos Activity’s routine monitoring work and contributing to program-wide MEL efforts for the four-year program in Colombia, funded by the USAID-Human Rights Support Mechanism (HRSM) and implemented by the Protecting Global Rights through Sustainable Solutions (PROGRESS) consortium partners. The MEL Officer will support the program with MEL regarding the scope of work for the American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI).
The MEL Officer will support the MEL Manager with program implementation by providing technical assistance on data analysis regarding program goals and activities, in coordination with other program staff. The MEL Officer is responsible for working closely with the MEL Manager in contributing data and analysis to MEL reports and serves as a resource on MEL compliance. This will include contributing to MEL frameworks, developing data collection tools, overseeing data collection and analysis and visualizing program outputs and outcomes for learning and reporting. The MEL Officer will be responsible for facilitating reflection sessions based on data and develop substantive recommendations for program implementation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
● Work in close collaboration with Pact’s MEL Manager and MEL Coordinator to ensure close alignment and coordination of MEL efforts across the Activity
● Lead implementation of ABA ROLI’s MEL responsibilities (measurement processes under ABA ROLI’s project objectives)
● Assist in developing quantitative and qualitative indicators and reports to monitor program implementation through its different stages, including for submission through the Activity’s centralized data management system and USAID/Colombia’s MONITOR system
● Develop data collection tools, in alignment with the Activity’s MEL plan
● Develop and implement processes for all elements of data management
● Contribute to adaptive management by supporting the MEL Manager to prepare summaries of data and learning evidence for use in management meetings and periodic learning reviews
● Train staff and partners in standardized data collection and reporting procedures
● Write MEL reports including data analysis and visualization
● Provide technical assistance and support to counterparts, project leadership and donors, regarding program goals and activities, through data analysis
● Conduct programmatic oversight in coordination with the Technical Leads
● Maintain and update program database
● Provide technical assistance for monitoring and evaluation capacity building, as well as activities for collaboration, learning and adaptation.
● Support production and ensure quality of all inception period and main project period studies and evaluations including, but not limited to, Legal and Policy Analysis, Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Analysis, Actor Mapping, Opportunity and Gap Analysis, and APEA scans.
● Update, compile and maintain complete records (both manual and electronic) of project reports/materials and outputs
● Perform other related duties as required
● Bachelor’s degree in the field of , international cooperation or a related technical field
● At least 3 years of experience working in monitoring and evaluation
● Demonstrated quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills (familiarity with methods and data analysis, visualization and interpretation)
● Advanced computer skills in MS Wword and Excel
● Fluency in Spanish and English (verbal and written).
● Interest in the justice sector and the rule of law and/or democracy and human rights
● Commitment to learning and adaptation
● Experience working with donor-funded programs a distinct advantage, in particular with State Department or USAID programs
● Experience working with justice sector institutions and/or civil society organizations in Colombia on human rights, access to justice, governance and related litigation
● Experience with knowledge and learning methodologies to facilitate adaptive management approaches.